Moving tips?

Hi, I just wanted to know a few tips on what to do for a dog when you're moving. My new house is a new built house so it doesn't have a lawn, while my dog is trained to litter on the lawn.
Also my neighbour has 2 huskies and they live mostly in the backyard (on the back yard deck). i was hoping i could train her to litter on the backyard, but this seems impossible as there're no grass PLUS this month there's been a little interuption and originally she litters in the yard but now she only goes when we walk her....... what should i do? i want to know some home moving tips and how to train her to litter on the backyard again.....

P.S : sry i forgot to introduce thoese huskies lol. i met them yesterday and they are EXTREMELY curious about money (my dog), they keep doing this whining noise and bark sometimes at her. once the male even ran outa the locked fence and starting smelling her and stuff, this is gna be another barrier to litter training money to litter in the yard~ =/

anyone??? Rite now i settled down at my new house, while there're NO LAWN, i had to walk her with mud covered sidewalk to this little grassy back ally and she would pee =(

Harley style

small and stylin'
Hi,

Its nice to meet you. I am not a profressional trainer but I will let you know what I am thinking about your situation. Most pet stores will have training aids to help train Money to go where you want Money to go. these training aids simply have a scent that dogs recognise ;) . this might get Money to go where you want her to.

You mentioned that she only goes now durring a walk. Have you tried walking her in the backyard? 15 minutes after she eats take her for a walk in the backyard. this may help.

As far as the grass situation, if this is key for Money I would have to recomend the simple solution, either grass seed or at least 2-3 pieces of sod.

Please let me know how this works for you.

Best of luck

Hi, thanks soo much for replying,
Hmm as for the training aids, there're nothing they could do, they told me since the dog's seven, there's nothing u could do , there're only peeing pads, and they dont work out, since THEY'RE NOT GRASS, and money only litter on grass =(
Right now this is my situation: Money started finding her way at the living room and litering on the carpet when everyone's asleep. i take her to walk everynight before sleep so she wouldn't have more .... sometimes she would just NOT pee at nite, and in the mourning i praise her (she probably doesn't get it =.=). these few weeks, she seems to get worse and worse, litering almost every single nite, my mom came up with a solution and put out table cloth at the spot she always goes to, and i works. our carpet is saved.

problem is tho, we solved the CARPET problem, but this is not a long term solution, she needs to kno where to litter. littering seems to be harder and harder for her to do now =(. especially pooing. winter is coming soon and i'd hate to walk her out at the "peeing spot" in minus -40

plz help~

Wish I could. We moved into new house last year and had no lawn (still don't)
Zoe would only pee on grass, but eventually she came around and just pees in the dirt in a certain area.

pytis123

Ok, I think I got an idea...

Walk the dog to the spot YOU want her to litter, and wait till she litters. Then give her a treat and play with her. After a few times she will know she gets rewarded with treats and playtime when she litters there. soon enough, problem solved... I think

Since school started, things are really going in a routine, she's be tied up on a leash in the front door waiting for my family to come home and we'd put food and stuff on, once we put the "peeing table cloth" onto hoping she would pee front door. but NO, AMAZINGLY, she STOPS peeing at nite, it's been a week and she never peeed at nite, it's amazing lol. i think she mite think we're telling her to stop peeing so we tie her up =.=. but anyways things are going well. stil trying for the whole pee in the yard thing tho~
Wish I could. We moved into new house last year and had no lawn (still don't)
Zoe would only pee on grass, but eventually she came around and just pees in the dirt in a certain area.
So how did u make her pee on the dirt, she's super scared of dirt, she only walks in it when i tell her to, and she'd SLOWLY UN-EXCITED-LY lol. walk to the dirt like a lil princess saying "EWW THAT I SOOO GROSS~" lol
Ok, I think I got an idea...

Walk the dog to the spot YOU want her to litter, and wait till she litters. Then give her a treat and play with her. After a few times she will know she gets rewarded with treats and playtime when she litters there. soon enough, problem solved... I think
problem is is super hard to WAIT for her to pee, only time she has the SENSE to litter is whne we are asleep, or when we take her to a PEEING SPOT, which is 5 mins walk, she'd kno its the peeing spot. the yard to her is just an "eww" plcae to go.......

Kanga

You can get Pee Pads that smell like grass.... Maybe that is the answer or a box with a piece of sod in it for her to toilet.

Members online