I have a derp agility question

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Particularly USDAA....

Where is a rulebook that explains how you title? So Summer and I got 2 Qs last trial and now what? I looked at her USDAA record and there is nothing on there with her Qs... Im assuming the trial secretary emails that in, right?

I found a list of titles and how to move up (so for PII, you need a PI title, etc) but no list of how many Qs in a title and how to get the title recorded for your dog. I am probably dumb...

Anyways, totally embarrassed to ask, lol

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Thanks! I don't know how I missed that.

How does it all get recorded? Am I supposed to do anything? I cant figure out if you can look up Qs or not.

Let's say by some miracle Summer and I Q both days in P1 gamblers in November... So now we have 3 Qs. Do we just automatically get the title? From then on I am supposed to enter her in PII gamblers (even without the PD title?)

BostonBanker

USDAA is notoriously slow to update their online records, if you are using the competitor services. Gusto earned his PD about six weeks ago and just officially got his title.

Basically, you can move up two ways - per class, or per level.

3 Qs in any class allows you to move up. If you have 3 PI jumper Qs, you can move to PII even if you don't have any Qs in other classes.

OR

You can finish your PD title, which means a minimum of 3 Standard Qs, and one Q in each game (gamblers, jumpers, pairs, and snooker). Then you move up in all the classes at once, even if you don't have, for instance, 3 Qs in snooker.

The same rules apply to PII/Advanced, and your PIII/Masters title. Then for the championship there are tournament and Super Q requirements.

BostonBanker

How does it all get recorded? Am I supposed to do anything? I cant figure out if you can look up Qs or not.

Let's say by some miracle Summer and I Q both days in P1 gamblers in November... So now we have 3 Qs. Do we just automatically get the title? From then on I am supposed to enter her in PII gamblers (even without the PD title?)

Some trials allow next-day move-ups. So if you are running two days, and she gets Q #3 on Saturday, you can fill out a form with the secretary and you will be in PII on Sunday.

You can move up to PII as soon as you have 3 Qs, even without the PD title. I believe you can also choose to stay at PI in gamblers until you have the PD title. Someone told me that once and I never looked in to it, because I can't imagine NOT wanting to move up!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
USDAA is notoriously slow to update their online records, if you are using the competitor services. Gusto earned his PD about six weeks ago and just officially got his title.
Ah that makes me feel better. I was thinking I did something wrong since I can't see any Qs recorded. But I should be able to see them in the future when I go to Summer's page?

Will I have to wait till USDAA records all my Qs in their competitor services to enter Summer in PII? Can you continue to enter PI even if you have that title?

Basically, you can move up two ways - per class, or per level.

3 Qs in any class allows you to move up. If you have 3 PI jumper Qs, you can move to PII even if you don't have any Qs in other classes.

OR

You can finish your PD title, which means a minimum of 3 Standard Qs, and one Q in each game (gamblers, jumpers, pairs, and snooker). Then you move up in all the classes at once, even if you don't have, for instance, 3 Qs in snooker.

The same rules apply to PII/Advanced, and your PIII/Masters title. Then for the championship there are tournament and Super Q requirements.
Let's say I go on to do PII gamblers before we get our 3 standard Qs. If I eventually end up with the PD title but don't have 3 Qs in all the games (say I only have 1 snookers Q) do we automatically bump up to the PII in everything?

So is the PD title separate? If Summer has 3 standard Qs, 3 gamblers Qs, 2 jumpers, and 1 snookers- she has the PD title and the PI gamblers (can't find the title list now- I swear their rules section is confusing as heck). But If I wanted to get the PI jumpers, she'd still need a Q in jumpers?

For some reason I thought PD was what you got after you got all PI titles. Does AKC do it that way or am I just making things up?

What's a Super Q?

/noob/

Last edited:

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
You don't have to do anything. You'll get the title in the mail eventually.

Some trials allow next-day move-ups. So if you are running two days, and she gets Q #3 on Saturday, you can fill out a form with the secretary and you will be in PII on Sunday.
How long should it take to have Summer's Qs from July in the system? If she Qs twice in November do I need proof of her Q in July as well as the ones in November to move her up?

You can move up to PII as soon as you have 3 Qs, even without the PD title. I believe you can also choose to stay at PI in gamblers until you have the PD title. Someone told me that once and I never looked in to it, because I can't imagine NOT wanting to move up!
Oh yeah I can't imagine not wanting to move up but was thinking if the Qs weren't recorded yet you might have to hang out in PI?

SO MANY QUESTIONS. Sorry :p I appreciate it. I asked someone and was told to read the rule book and it's making no sense to me at all.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
OMG. This sounds super confusing to me LOL. So don't feel bad because my eyes are crossing a bit reading it.

In AKC at least, you can move up whenever you have the three Qs regardless if it's been reported in their system yet. Like say tomorrow Payton gets his third NAJ Q... I could move him up to Open Jumpers on Sunday even though (obviously) the third Q and title wouldn't be in the system yet. Nobody would intentionally move up artificially because if you did, your Qs at that next level wouldn't count.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
OK, if I go to competitor services and click on Summer's name should I see results (Qs) anywhere? Or do you just see titles?

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
OMG. This sounds super confusing to me LOL. So don't feel bad because my eyes are crossing a bit reading it.

In AKC at least, you can move up whenever you have the three Qs regardless if it's been reported in their system yet. Like say tomorrow Payton gets his third NAJ Q... I could move him up to Open Jumpers on Sunday even though (obviously) the third Q and title wouldn't be in the system yet. Nobody would intentionally move up artificially because if you did, your Qs at that next level wouldn't count.
That makes sense.

I need to stop panic-mode because I have no idea where to look to know if the July Qs are in the system. I keep thinking they must not have recorded them, which is totally illogical because I got the results email the couple days after the trial.

I haven't even started looking at AKC but I need to start soon. Hoping Summer is ready for novice late fall/winter.

BostonBanker

Ah that makes me feel better. I was thinking I did something wrong since I can't see any Qs recorded. But I should be able to see them in the future when I go to Summer's page?

Will I have to wait till USDAA records all my Qs in their competitor services to enter Summer in PII? Can you continue to enter PI even if you have that title?
Yes, it will eventually show up on her page. You can start entering PII as soon as you have the title, even if it doesn't show up on the page yet. If you mess up and move up too early, you will lose any Qs you earn, but nobody takes you to the woodshed or anything. I do know some people who wait until it shows up on the site before they move up, if they think their dog is moving up too quickly. I'm not into that - I want to move up as fast as possible!

For some reason I thought PD was what you got after you got all PI titles. Does AKC do it that way or am I just making things up?
No, PD doesn't require all the individual titles. Gusto has his PD; his only other title is his PI Standard title. He got the three standards, two gamblers, two jumpers, one snooker, and one pairs Q. He now competes in PII everything. AKC doesn't have level titles - you get separate jumpers and standard titles and move up individually in each one.

What's a Super Q?
Super Qs are the funnest invention ever, if you are a snooker fan. They only apply to Masters/PIII snooker, and is one of only two times where your performance in the class relative to the other competitors matters (the other being steeplechase, where the fastest dogs set the qualifying time). You get a super Q if you are in the top 15% of the scores in snooker. You need 3 of them for your championship. So, you can't always just go for the smooth, easy, flowing, safe qualifying score, but have to run your butt off and get crazy competitive :D Some people take it very seriously; I know people who won't walk the snooker course at all, or will walk a "fake" course, so nobody sees what their plan is. People will change their plans on the startline when they see someone do something crazy. There's tons of cheering and whooping and heartbreaking "ohs!" when someone drops a bar. So much fun!

OK, if I go to competitor services and click on Summer's name should I see results (Qs) anywhere? Or do you just see titles?
I'm assuming you have the paid service, given how you are asking it. When I log in, I get the main page with "My Info" "My Dogs" etc. If I click the registration number next to Gusto's name, I get a box that says "Competition Results (click on a link below)". The "titles" link shows titles earned and in the system. The next tab, "results" is the one I use most. It has all the results that have been recorded, including whether you qualified or not, the judge you ran under (your standard runs need to be under more than one judge for the titles), and the name of the dog you ran with in Pairs (for your ADCH/PDCH, you need to have five different dogs at Masters).

BostonBanker

I have results through 7/20/13 on my dogs, but those just came through - Gusto's titles came in the mail late last week. So I wouldn't be shocked if any late July results from Summer aren't in there yet, but I'd expect them soon.

I'm waiting for my USDAA rules genius friend to reply to me before I answer the moving up questions, just so I don't steer you wrong. Like I said, I just move up as fast as anyone will let me!

BostonBanker

Okay. Rules genius has replied.

As soon as you get 3 Qs in any class, you have to move up in THAT CLASS. 3 PI gamblers Qs, you need to move up, even if you don't have any Qs in other classes.

As soon as you get your PD (minimum of 3 Standard, 1 gamblers, 1 jumpers, 1 snooker, 1 pairs relay) you MUST move up in standard (because you have 3 Qs in it) and you MAY move up in all the classes. You are not required to move up until you have each individual title (3 jumpers, 3 gamblers, etc), but you may do so if you have the PD.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I'm assuming you have the paid service, given how you are asking it. When I log in, I get the main page with "My Info" "My Dogs" etc. If I click the registration number next to Gusto's name, I get a box that says "Competition Results (click on a link below)". The "titles" link shows titles earned and in the system. The next tab, "results" is the one I use most. It has all the results that have been recorded, including whether you qualified or not, the judge you ran under (your standard runs need to be under more than one judge for the titles), and the name of the dog you ran with in Pairs (for your ADCH/PDCH, you need to have five different dogs at Masters).
I don't have the paid service. Is that my problem?

LOL I'm such a noob.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Ohhhhh.... I feel better now! Whew. I will have to do that asap.

Thank you so much for helping me out though! Things are making a lot more sense rule-wise.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Ok one more.... I will use Gusto as the example.

Gusto has his PD; his only other title is his PI Standard title. He got the three standards, two gamblers, two jumpers, one snooker, and one pairs Q. He now competes in PII everything
So if you wanted to write out Gusto's titles he'd be Gusto PD PDS (or whatever the standard title is, I dunno). And since you moved him up to PII everything, he can't get his PI gamblers? If you got his PII standard, then the PII title replaces the PI title? You don't write out both, right? So skipping up to PII in jumpers (for example) isn't going to 'cost you' titles because you can get the higher level?

Did I make ANY sense at all? :lol-sign:

BostonBanker

It makes sense; honestly, since my guys aren't breeding dogs, I don't pay a huge amount of attention. I wouldn't put the SPS (Standard) title after Gusto's name at all - the PD covers it. So I would just say Gusto PD (also, how cool does PD sound?). When he gets his APD (total PII title), he will be Gusto APD, not Gusto APD, PD.

The only time I use individual classes is with the masters stuff, where it is a completely different level of title (So for the PDCH - the championship - you need five of each class. For the Masters titles for the individual classes, you need 10).

So Meg, who has her Championship, Snooker Bronze, Jumpers Bronze, and Standard Masters, she would be PDCH Random Rescue Meg, PSCH, PJCH-Bronze, PKCH-Bronze - plus her AKC and CPE titles which I pay less attention to. The standard, jumpers, and snooker titles are above and beyond the Championship, so I include them. Gusto's standard title is not above and beyond his PD title, so I don't include it.

But I'm probably not the person to ask. I don't ever really write out titles for anything, so I'm not 100% sure. If it doesn't get me a pretty ribbon, I don't care :D

Members online

No members online now.