Its been over a year and I am still sad...

Dekka

Just try me..
I still miss Kat on a near daily basis.

We finally got her ashes home. I knew I couldn't drive after I picked them up so needed someone else to grab them, or someone else to drive me. My vets have said she could 'stay' as long as I needed.

The other day Arson needed to go for a vet visit (nothing big just a check) and so we brought her home. I cried. I opened the package and not only were her ashes returned in a very tasteful box but there was a soft bag with a clay imprint of her foot. I bawled. I showed Maf and she cried too.

Its been over a year and I am still devestated. She was such an amazingly awesome little dog. I have lost pets before but none that have effected me like this.

It makes me fear how I will cope when Dekka's time comes..

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
:( I'm so sorry.

I have lost many good, good dogs over the years. But I know when Mia goes, it will not be comparable. I will be a mess. Kat always reminded me so much of Mia. I wish there was something I could say to ease up that hurt just a little.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I can't believe it's been a year already -- seems like just yesterday I saw your thread and my heart fell.

I'm glad she lives on in your daily memories, but hope the grief eases with time.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
I'm so sorry. I just don't know what else to say. Losing Sheena threw me for a serious loop and I'm still dealing with it over a year later.

It might be corny, but this is how I look at it--Yes, losing her was incredibly painful. But how incredibly lucky was I to have had my life touched by a creature so amazing and special that her passing left such a hole inside me? There are many people that don't get that gift, but I did. And you did to with Kat....

chaospony

I'm sorry :(

It hurts so much sometimes.
I still can't look at pictures, can't even think about my Holly, the beautiful Afghan girl I lost several years ago. Her clay paw print is still tucked away in a velvet bag. I have never once been able to look at it.

Loving them can be so very painful at times. But of course they are so very worth it.

rubygirl

I lost my JRT (Tika) about 4 years ago, my absolute heart dog. I still think about her :(
I definitely feel your pain...

Baxter'smybaby

swimming upstream
I have no words of wisdom--only wishes that your pain will ease, and that Kat will some how make her way back to you.

Sit Stay

Not a Border Collie
I am so sorry :( I feel so blessed and lucky to have met Kat. She was a wonderful dog. I'm not sure if the hurt ever goes away but I do hope that it becomes easier for you and that you're able to find comfort in Dekka and Seren.

Dekka

Just try me..
Thanks everyone. Sharing the loss on chaz back then was very thereputic and I appreciate all of you now and then.

Renee, I am not really in a position to keep a puppy from this litter. Though of course if Kat, or another like her was in the litter it would be difficult not to keep her.

I'm so sorry. I just don't know what else to say. Losing Sheena threw me for a serious loop and I'm still dealing with it over a year later.

It might be corny, but this is how I look at it--Yes, losing her was incredibly painful. But how incredibly lucky was I to have had my life touched by a creature so amazing and special that her passing left such a hole inside me? There are many people that don't get that gift, but I did. And you did to with Kat....
Its not corny. That is also very much how I feel. As much as it hurts I am so glad I did get to have her. To me she was the epitome of what a JRT should be. Brazen, brave, outgoing to the extreme, friendly, and the most prey driven dog I have ever met without losing her brain around prey. Or not losing it too much.

ACooper

((((HUGS)))) It's never easy to lose someone we love......how many feet they have makes no difference.

I remember getting the call that Phoebe's ashes were in. I bawled after I hung up the phone, bawled all the way there (about 20 minutes away) bawled at the desk, then once she was back with me a peace settled over me and I felt much better having her where she belonged, where she'd been for 12 years. I still get a bit misty eyed at certain times, but having her home cured the sobs and unease.

Doberluv

I hope your pain will ease up. It sure takes a little chip out of our hearts every time we go through this, I think. I can't imagine picking up ashes and bringing them home. I think that would send me over the edge and make me sob too, even more.:(

It took me well over a year to gather up enough acceptance to get out of a long period of depression after losing Lyric. It seemed like my whole world stopped when he went out of it. My whole life style changed. All the things we did together, I no longer did, at least not with any sort of enthusiasm.

I don't think it's abnormal to take a long time to go through a grieving process. With some dogs, even though I loved them immensely, it didn't take as long as it did with him though. Little by little, it will get easier for you. I hope good memories will replace the sadness you have.

Dekka

Just try me..
Thanks everyone for the kind words. Dober that is so true. Grieving takes as long as it takes. And some losses are harder to deal with and so take longer. Coop, it is good to have 'her' home.

It sounds corny but I hope to have her and Dekka's ashes (and maybe another dog.. who knows) buried with me when I go. I am so glad Maf thought about cremation at that time. I know I wasn't thinking coherently.

Renee.. that made me snort up my drink...

Members online

No members online now.