Anyone rearranging/renovating?

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
Like the title says, is anyone rearranging or renovating a room in their house (or maybe the whole thing)? My sister and I are rearranging our room, so it made me interested to see others doing the same! Post before and after pictures if you can!

Here's our room now:

I loooove our headboard, but because of our slanted walls, we are very limited to where we can put it. We used to have it straight back covering the window, but we hated covering it up so we moved it over. Now it just looks awkward and we lose quite a bit of space behind the bed.

So the plan is to give our bed frame to our parents, use one of those metal bed frames, and eventually build or buy a shorter headboard. We're going to put the bed where the tv is, and kind of switch everything else around til it looks good. We also have a HUGE bean bag type chair (called an ultimate sack) that we had to move downstairs when we moved our bed, but we're going to bring that back up when we rearrange. I'll post pictures when it's all done!

Anyway, I'm excited! I didn't want to lost the headboard but it just doesn't work, and my parents really need one anyway. It will still be ours though, to take with us when we move and everything though, so that's cool.

Post your renovation stories/pictures!

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Well, I get to move into my new apartment tomorrow...so I'll have to see if I can remember to take before and after pictures. I'm *really* hoping my mom can help me organize as she is brilliant at it and I suck.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
Would having two smaller beds give you more flexibility Lauren? Seems like having a queen might be limiting your options since they are so huge!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Would having two smaller beds give you more flexibility Lauren? Seems like having a queen might be limiting your options since they are so huge!
^ this. Queen beds are HUGE and take up so much space.. You guys could do twin beds with like a little sofa in the middle. Plus it would probably be more comfortable lol I hate sleeping next to people. Well, people I'm not romantically involved with that is lol

As for me, I'm moving into a studio soon and am going all minimalist-y.
I have HUGE issue falling out of beds, and years of bumps and bruises..I've given up. I am giving the bed frame the middle finger and going minimalist with low bed on the floor (with support under it for air flow and such) AND also tackling my clutter addiction. That's basically a side-effect of moving to a studio that is less than 300 square feet. Anything un-necessary is OUT!

I'm kind of a neat freak and don't like things laying around. I hate clutter and have a weird fear of germs/stuff gathering under things and things laying around (I need to be able to swiffer/disinfect EVERYTHING so don't like stuff that takes up floor space and isn't easily maneuverable) so I like open floor space.

I suck at laundry so all bed-linens being white was just a lazy co-incidence. (I can just beach the hell out of most anything)

so yea.. this re-design just kind of happened and I recently noticed it's actually a "thing" so am working my taste around it lol

Here is kind of what I'm talking about.

So far I love the whole floor mattress no clutter thing.

Only issue is that the bed/apartment has to be kept really neat or else it goes from "urban minimal chique" to "messy poor college student" pretty fast :rofl1:

I have one wall of pure mess. I put up pictures, posters, quotes, schedules.. it's a mess but it sets off the clean sterile vibe pretty well.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I admire anyone who can maintain minimalist chic! We've been in our house for just over 2 years now and I'm pretty happy with where it is - comfortable, but not to awfully cluttered most of the time. :) I was thrilled when I actually got around to putting art on the walls.

Zhucca

Lab Love
I'm taping and painting my house.

I should post pics to add substance to the thread but pretty much it's just an older house which raised 5 kids in it and it has a lot of patches which were very poorly taped. I'm learning to tape so I'm going to use the house as practice and give it a nice finish and skim the bad walls a couple times. Then I'm painting the whole house minus the bedrooms upstairs. The basement is still unfinished and still needs to be boarded in some places and taped. The floor also needs to go in. When I'm finished i'll be rearranging the living room but it's not a big one to begin with so..

It's not my house but my landlord is a friend of mine, so I agreed to help him out with this. Luckily it's things I enjoy otherwise I wouldn't be doing it.

btw I love your angled ceiling.

Lyzelle

I'm doing serious cleaning, but I rearranged our room not long ago. We have a huge clunker, old HDTV that takes up way too much space and a queen bed, so things get a little complicated. Especially with floor vents. Oh, how I hate floor vents.

At the moment, the bed is coming from the wall here:

And the TV is in the opposite corner against the wall, under the window:

Previously it was switched, and the bed was under the window, and the TV against the far wall in the corner. Zander sleeps straight ahead in the first corner when you walk in, so it's made things...complicated. I wanted the TV at the foot of the bed, but there's not enough space to do that!

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
We have a king actually! Lol! That's why it takes up so much space. I'm sure having two beds would be better for space but we have a memory foam mattress and it'd be too expensive (and a waste of ours) to buy new ones. And we like sleeping in the same bed, we def. don't touch, the bed is huge. We have out friend sleep in the same bed with us when she sleeps over and we still don't all touch!

But thanks for all the suggestions!! I like the low to floor idea. I think it'll end up that way since the metal frame we have is pretty low. And I'm all for low clutter as well! We need some better storage options (our closet is really tiny and we share a 6 drawer dresser) but we have no $$$ at the moment, so we're settling for tidying up, separating our summer/winter clothes and putting unused items in the attic, and rearranging things for now.

Can't wait to see everyone's finished products!!

Members online

No members online now.