Cool performance with extreme distraction!

• Thread starter RedyreRottweilers
  • Start date
R

RedyreRottweilers

So today I had Penny out with the cart. We are on the "downhill slide" towards home, and she is trotting out and enjoying herself.

From out of NO WHERE I hear growls, and running, a big dog. I turn just in time to see this huge Golden charging us all to be ****. Serious. Ears back, mouth open, hackles up. It has an invisible fence or shock collar on, but as far as I can tell is not restrained by the invisible barrier.

He came so close I almost whacked him with my riding crop when I swung it at him. That slowed him down just enough to let us "escape".

Meanwhile, my FABULOUS dog kept moving when I asked her too, thereby avoiding who knows what kind of confrontation/melee/fight....who knows.

She has been doing really well on distractions when we are out on the cart, but this was above and beyond what I would ever expect, and I was very proud of her. :D

R

RedyreRottweilers

I was busy trying to do 2 things. Whack that dog with my whip, and at the same time keep my dog moving.

After I made that one good swat, near miss, he backed off a bit, and we boogied on.

colliewog

Collies&Terriers, Oh My!
I think Penny felt sure you had things covered. Besides, she could always turn around and mow the dog over with her new cart! lol

Such a good dog!

Doberluv

Good girl Penny! She was probably having too much fun to bother with some dumb dog charging after you. No, seriously...that is some good focus and good training.

R

RedyreRottweilers

She saw him for sure, and he was very intimidating. I had to encourage her to go on, but she immediately picked up her pace and moved out again when I asked her. She went, but with ears pasted back on her head, and looking over her shoulder.

Once we got out of range, we stopped for a rest, praise, and cookie break. :D

Members online