Returning a dog to the breeder - Questions/Rant

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I'm not answering because it would be going against the point I am trying to make... Whether or not I know her in real life is irrelevant to the topic of the thread and frankly, none of your business. Seriously. Grow up, guys. How can you at all feel okay with sitting around and trashing someone?
if you dont know her personally they you defending her doesnt have as much weight as it would if you could say 'no, thats not true, i have been to her house, spent some time with her dogs etc...' i wouldnt defend someone either way & i am not here, i am only saying that the whole thing including the condition of the pup is suspicious & my intuition tells me something's fishy & the fact that not only this breeder but several breeders of several different breeds & some users on here have had issues with her that to me is damning evidence, sorry to say.

darkchild16

We are Home.
And this might be personal and if its something the mods want to edit go right ahead but i have to say it.

<Ya, no place for that.......leave family out of things>

JessLough

Love My Mutt
WHY does my defending her have ANYTHING to do with this **** Fila puppy?! Do any of you know how to stay productive and on topic? My point is, if you want to get to the bottom of what happened to the dog, fine... But do not spend pages and pages just plain BASHING someone. How is that hard to get? How can you JUSTIFY that? It's sick.

cause you're innocent. As is Teal. Of course. There was no bashing on your part. NONE AT ALL.

There was someone who bought a puppy from another breeder we knew whose other dogs are in great condition and spoiled, but when he got the puppy he decided he didn't really like him and mostly kept him in his crate ... out of sight, out of mind. When, or if, he thought about it, he would feed him or take him outside. As it turns out, he suddenly realized one day that the puppy was borderline emaciated, and ended up dumping him at the shelter and telling the breeder he ran away.
I have nothing to add to this thread, but that is the most heartbreaking thing I've heard in a long time.

crazedACD

My take on this, and just from skimming the thread and the little of what I know of Teal, is trying to keep dogs too 'lean' for whatever reason. Maybe she truly doesn't/didn't realize the dogs are too thin until she was called out on it. I can't honestly see a sane person intentionally starving a dog only to give it to the breeder looking like that, unless she literally couldn't afford food.

I was looking at the pics of the coated dogs posted a few pages ago, and its a tough comparison to make. None of those dogs looks overly skinny to me, and its probably because their coats mask a lot of their condition. The only one I saw that was clearly light was baby Sloan, but she still looked very bright and "up." With dogs like Filas and APBTs, there is nothing to hide a dog's condition, and therefore even less grounds to excuse it. I, too, believe in keeping puppies light. I have misjudged on body condition with young dogs in the past and kept them a little too light. It's a mistake I hope I don't make again, but I have also never experienced a dog declining as dramatically as the pics show in this thread. Not even the Parvo dogs I've helped nurse when I was younger fell off like that. Poor kiddo.

Paige

Let it be
Spanky was a skinny, skinny puppy. Under his fur he certainly was borderline some times too skinny like Sloan looked. But, the big difference between someone with a dog with a tendency to get too thin versus a neglect case is they intervene.

I don't know enough to condem anyone. I am so glad to hear this dog is doing well now. It's sad when there is a story with a less than happy outcome.

Barbara!

I legit came on to suggest this. Tahlz or whatever, too. It's funny that they rotate who's on at any given moment..
Seriously?

It's these sorts of things that makes me think all of you guys must be off your rockers.

Barbara!

Heaven forbid people agree with each other and defend one another...

Must be the same people! Conspiracy!

Red Chrome

I know that Tahlz,Barbara and Teal are all different people.

My point in posting this was to get the information out there. To make sure no other puppy goes through this again at her hands. It sucks, it sucks for Jairi, it sucks for the breeder but most of all it sucked for that puppy who was neglected. It sucks he had to experience that. It is NOT ok. I have struggled with dogs and keeping weight on them, my GSD is a hard keeper and he has been too thin but he has never had the appearance of being on death's door in a day or two. EVER. I am waiting on a return email from the breeder for the additional information.

Members online