Peanut Butter question....

bogolove

I give Brady peanut butter sandwiched between two dog biscuits every morning when I leave. He loves his peanut butter! He currently has JIF but I sometimes buy Peter Pan or even the Kroger brand. He starts smacking his chops the minute I pull it out. I really think it has helped to make his coat as shiny as it is.

Liz gives Jenny the crunchy peanut butter. She LOVES it too!

dogtired

If you feed them peanut butter, you may want to find an organic brand. If I'm not mistaken, peanuts are treated with a very high amount of pesticide.

Did anybody else hear of this and confirm?

Mordy

Quigleyfied
dogtired said:
If you feed them peanut butter, you may want to find an organic brand. If I'm not mistaken, peanuts are treated with a very high amount of pesticide.

Did anybody else hear of this and confirm?
yep it's true. peanuts are a crop that is highly treated with pesticides, so for both people and dogs it's a good idea to stay away from the "mainstream" brands. they also contain high amounts of sugar, corn syrup and/or other sweeteners, and often hydrogenated oils to keep the oil from separating. it's quite scary.

maui

siemens716 said:
"s there peanut butter out there thats made for dogs...?" lol

"Kong" makes a peanut butter product for dogs in a can similar to easy cheese. It's easy to fill a Kong with it. They also make a liver paste. They both have a long list of ingredients, including some dairy... So we switched peanut butters and stopped using the liver paste.

( Will share more in the next post. Want to reference a quote from someone else ... Don't think I can do two in one... )

maui

Renee750il said:
Saje, I've never run into a natural peanut butter that wasn't runny . . . or that I wanted to eat, lol!QUOTE]

We have a health food store that sells:

Freshly Ground Honey Roasted Peanuts.

We're all addicted. Not runny at all. You would love it! I doubt it's healthy though!!!

(My husband and dog are here right now staring at me to go outside and train... Gotta run!)

Giottolina

Jif peanut butter has less sugar than other brands. This is what I use to seal the kong and freeze it for several hours. I was told in another forum, by a canine nutrition expert, that the "natural" peanut butter has raw fibers, harder to digest than the commercial Jif. I ended up throwing the natural PB away.

We eat natural organic stuff, so that's basically all we have. I put some in a bowl and then stuff the kong with it. They love it.

Members online

No members online now.