Tattoo Savvy People!

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
I need help.

I've been trying to put together a tattoo in representation of my love/time out west. I know for a FACT that I want the Rockies in this ink. Maybe a horse, maybe some cattle, I'd love a windmill because being out there kind of guided me to realize what was important in my life/where I want to go/what kind of marriage I want/beginning to let go of all the drama with my dad.. I'm just not quite sure what is going to translate well into a tattoo. My original plan was to use this painting I found while living out there:

But, I don't know. I'm just not dead set on it any more.

So thoughts? I also don't know if I want to make this a back piece or put it on my thigh. Or if I want to do like, sunset colors or just normal colors with some sage as a part of the landscape or if I want to do B/W.

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
Best thing to do is find your artist. I've been looking for 4 years for the right one for my piece. Then work with them and let them design it.

Kootenay

Funny that you mention this, just last night I was thinking about getting a mountainous tattoo! This is the one that inspired me... I like simple b & w stuff generally. I want to come up with something like this, but mountains from the range I live in.

I'm definitely curious to see what you come up with! I don't have any tattoos yet but I would like to get started...

Best thing to do is find your artist. I've been looking for 4 years for the right one for my piece. Then work with them and let them design it.
That's what I was going to say, too. Find an artist whose work you like, then tell him/her exactly what you just told us. They're artists, after all, so they can work with you and come up with amazing things.

That's what I was going to say, too. Find an artist whose work you like, then tell him/her exactly what you just told us. They're artists, after all, so they can work with you and come up with amazing things.
Thirded. Now a days most artists have their work online, so it's easy to find a style you like, meet with that artist, and see what they can come up with.

The tattoo scene around Kalamazoo leaves something to be desired. Decent enough coming out of Old Anchor, but there is better out there just a jump away to Lansing or Grand Rapids. A lot of new shops have popped up I would avoid, and I would personally never go to Art and Soul or New Addiction. I'll definitely plug my artists studio out in Lansing, though. All custom jobs, not a single one of them I wouldn't go to. If you're looking for more realism, Mike Riina is what's up. I personally see Geary: https://www.facebook.com/eclecticarttattoo/photos_albums

Mos Eisley's in Grand Rapids used to turn out some really phenomenal work but I can't say I saw any thing I liked in their galleries, but there might be an artist there that can arrange something you like.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
I'm just going to echo what has been said.

The tattoos I'm happiest with have been the ones where I've worked with my tattooer to help design something that I love. I will present to my artist what I have in mind and tell her to take my idea and run with it. She doesn't disappoint. I love her style and I love her work so much that I'm a repeat client. She will be finishing my sleeve and she is going to do a portrait of Cricket for me in November.

Members online