So I think I jinxed myself...

GoingNowhere

...with that thread about eating in bed.

Before anyone asks, my sheets were changed a few days ago and no, I haven't eaten in bed since I changed them. So food is not the culprit!

But there are ants.

This isn't the first time this year that I've had them, but usually it has just been 2 or 3... and I smush them and complain and then get on with my life. Except today there were probably 15. On my bed. :yikes: My room is the size of a shoebox and I honestly don't think I have any other ways to manipulate my furniture unless I want to entirely block my window with my desk hutch, which I don't. This said, the foot of my bed is beside the window which is where I keep finding the ants. They seem to get in when my window is open (there is a screen, although I don't trust that it's full proof... the house is kind of old and slightly questionable after having been lived in by many undergrad students), but I like to leave it open when the weather is nice, because like I said, my room is a shoebox and it gets stagnant in here if there's no air flow... I can leave the door open most of the day, but when I'm freaking out over work, it's nice to have it closed so I can focus without getting distracted talking to roommates.

Are there any safe ant repellents that I can put around my window that won't be unhealthy in a bedroom environment?

I know food attracts them - but I really don't think that this is the case here, because I just changed my sheets and because I'm good about not leaving dirty dishes and stuff around. Trash was also recently taken out. Plus, they're not even in that area of the room. Just at the foot of the bed by the window. They're the tiny black ones if it matters!

Help me??

Members online

No members online now.