What's wrong with people?

babymomma

Remembering Casey ♥
I dont see a whole lot wrong with that add.. They got a dog, and unfortunatly it hasnt worked out... *shrug* It happens.

Boemy

The main thing I see wrong is that they bought a tiny toy dog FOR A TWO YEAR OLD. I hope to God the "crushed trachea" isn't a result of the the kid being "way too rough."

Lolas Dad

The main thing I see wrong is that they bought a tiny toy dog FOR A TWO YEAR OLD. I hope to God the "crushed trachea" isn't a result of the the kid being "way too rough."
It was the kid, that is why she is rehoming the dog. The stupidity part is that she should have never bought a dog for a two year kid in the first place or at the very least watched the both of them.

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
I hope to God the "crushed trachea" isn't a result of the the kid being "way too rough."
:rofl1:

I'm pretty sure they meant collapsing trachea, not uncommon in toy breeds and the main reason I always suggest harnesses for toy breeds.

All I could picture when I read that was a kid with his hands around the pom's neck squeezing with the dogs eyes popping out like one of those toys :eek:

Otherwise I don't see what's so horrible about what they are doing. Yes, it wasn't the best idea to get a dog for a 2 year old, especially one of that size. But I think that a lot of people think: Small kid+Small Dog=Perfect and don't take into account that small dogs are much more fragile than your 2 year old.

They made a mistake and instead of waiting for the dog or kid to get hurt they are rectifying the problem.

I might have done it differently but that really is no where near as bad as some ads I see on CL

Juicy

All I could picture when I read that was a kid with his hands around the pom's neck squeezing with the dogs eyes popping out like one of those toys :eek:

Otherwise I don't see what's so horrible about what they are doing. Yes, it wasn't the best idea to get a dog for a 2 year old, especially one of that size. But I think that a lot of people think: Small kid+Small Dog=Perfect and don't take into account that small dogs are much more fragile than your 2 year old.

They made a mistake and instead of waiting for the dog or kid to get hurt they are rectifying the problem.

I might have done it differently but that really is no where near as bad as some ads I see on CL
:rofl1: ...but yeah my dog would always choke on a collar :(

Juicy

I would rather they rehome the pom, than keep it IMO.

I mean I have seen people with toy dogs and their toddlers dropping them....not a pretty picture.

Dekka

Just try me..
Really LD.. I think we ALL carry some blame for people like that. What do you do to educate people? All I see on here is you picking out not that bad CL postings and getting all up in arms about it.

I mostly blame the breeders in this case.

IMO its nasty to blame people who don't have the 'education'. As has been pointed out at least they are trying to find a new home and not just dumping the dogs. (from workign with rescues I can tell you some actual horror stories)

Juicy

Really LD.. I think we ALL carry some blame for people like that. What do you do to educate people? All I see on here is you picking out not that bad CL postings and getting all up in arms about it.

I mostly blame the breeders in this case.

IMO its nasty to blame people who don't have the 'education'. As has been pointed out at least they are trying to find a new home and not just dumping the dogs. (from workign with rescues I can tell you some actual horror stories)
If it weren't for dog forums my dogs will be on kibbles and bits, aplha rolling my dogs, who knows what...wouldn't make me an irresponsible dog owner, ignorant maybe.

babymomma

Remembering Casey ♥
If it weren't for dog forums my dogs will be on kibbles and bits, aplha rolling my dogs, who knows what...wouldn't make me an irresponsible dog owner, ignorant maybe.
Same here Juicy!

Actually if it werent for Dekka, Id still be going with what Cesar Milan says to do .

Juicy

I mean how many Chazzer has gotten dogs from pet stores or bybs? Does that make them a bad dog owner compared to people who never have? Its not their fault at the time, they didn't know any better.

Juicy

Also does that mean small dog owners should never have kids? Kids are bound to be rough careless toddlers one day. You just got to teach them how to be gentle with your dogs. The CLer should of tried to get some one-on-one with other small dogs around her toddler, PRIOR to getting the dog. But in no means does that make it wrong of a person for someone to get a small dog and have a small toddler......it can work.

Dekka

Just try me..
Very true Juicy. I don't think I have any pics on line, but I got Toby when Darien was 3 months old. Toby was one day older than Darien. I have so many fantastic pics of them together. It can work great if you are willing to work with the dog.

If anyone wants to hear the sort of story that outrages me..

Stewie was a happy dog living with a family. They took him to the Canada Day celebrations. They let their young son walk him. Stewie got spooked by the fireworks and pulled away from the child. Stewie is hit by a car. The kid runs over and tries to pick him up. In his pain, fear and confusion (its dark) he bites the child.

Owners dump him (because he bit their child) Stewie had a broken pelvis and looses an eye to the accident. THis wasn't a dog who was aggressive in any way, yet the family dumped him cause he bit their kid when terrified and badly injured... that is the sort of story that outrages me.

(good news is that Stewie lives in a very happy home now, and whilst a bit over weight is happy and well adjusted)

Juicy

I for one am thankful for Craigslist. Where would these dogs end up if it weren't for CL? In a shelter no doubt, or worst BACK to a shelter.

My sister, got a dog from a kill-shelter as a 'gift' for her friend. And later changed her mind and decided the dog wasn't cutesy enough to give as a 'gift'. And yes giving dogs as gifts is a bad idea, but she didn't know any better. Anywho so I posted an ad on CL.

I say though through the irresponsibility of my sister, it was still a win-win. The dog was OUT of a kill shelter, and a 7 year old has a best friend/1st dog she'll always remember.

Picture sent by her owners.

Juicy

I cannot stand flaggers! These dogs NEED homes, obviously they are not well off with their owners. Could they have been more responsible and down their research? Yes, but now its a bit to late for it, I swear I think these people would rather them see them end up in shelters. And so what they're asking a higher 'rehoming' fee....someone somewhere would pay it and they get the dog/breed they've been looking for, especially if its a hard to find breed even in shelters/rescues.

I dont see the big deal. Its not working out. so they need to rehome her.

Somtimes buiying a small do nd haingyun children just doesnt work.I grew up with toy poodlws from the day I was brought home from the hospital. I was always gentle, an they were my bestfrinds growing up.

but Im sure if I was to rough on them, then they probably would have been rehomed as well.

I think, unless you are othrwise looking for somthing in specific to buy. You should stay off CL pets area.

ACooper

I don't see what's really wrong with that ad either. They messed up, got the wrong type dog, or maybe even realized they shouldn't have gotten a dog at all..........now they are trying to fix it. They aren't dumping the dog in the woods or a high kill shelter, but trying to find a home that is right.

I don't know if anyone has tried to use CL, but it's NOT easy! I am in the process of trying to find Marty (the parrot) a new home. His aggression towards Kevin has not gotten any better but much worse and he must stay in his cage whenever Kevin is home for BOTH of their safeties.

I messed up. The people told me he didn't like men, though they didn't tell me how severe it was. I figured as long as Kevin didn't bother him, he wouldn't bother Kevin and MAYBE Kevin could work his way into Marty's heart.........WRONG. Kevin talks to him daily, gives a treat DAILY and it's only gotten worse. We don't know what else to try.

Anyway, long story made shorter, I put an ad on CL. I got some CRAZY responses! I mean stuff like "will you trade him for a lizard" and "can I put him in the same cage with my parakeets" ............and oh there are plenty more! The first ad was placed over a month ago and I am STILL searching for a good home for him. I have had people in my home to look at him, meet him, and still haven't found the right fit.

Just because I am using CL as a tool doesn't mean I am looking to dump him first chance, I care about HIM and finding the right home...........I am sure many people on there are the same.

Very true Juicy. I don't think I have any pics on line, but I got Toby when Darien was 3 months old. Toby was one day older than Darien. I have so many fantastic pics of them together. It can work great if you are willing to work with the dog.

If anyone wants to hear the sort of story that outrages me..

Stewie was a happy dog living with a family. They took him to the Canada Day celebrations. They let their young son walk him. Stewie got spooked by the fireworks and pulled away from the child. Stewie is hit by a car. The kid runs over and tries to pick him up. In his pain, fear and confusion (its dark) he bites the child.

Owners dump him (because he bit their child) Stewie had a broken pelvis and looses an eye to the accident. THis wasn't a dog who was aggressive in any way, yet the family dumped him cause he bit their kid when terrified and badly injured... that is the sort of story that outrages me.

(good news is that Stewie lives in a very happy home now, and whilst a bit over weight is happy and well adjusted)
This story breaks my heart and makes me very angry at the same time :mad: :(

DanL

Lola's Dad, you should adopt the dog and save it from being gassed. After all that is what a real dog person would do.

God forbid I ever have to get rid of a dog, I would rather dump it on the side of the road or shoot it in my backyard than reach out for someone to offer the dog a better home. I mean honestly what is wrong with these people?! Thinking purely of the well being of the dog, it is SOOOOO much better for this dog to remain at that home. OBVIOUSLY :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.