unusual sinus symptoms

I bought a puppy on m28th. He was kinda sniffing and an occasional sneeze. I took him to the vet the next day and he din't sniff or sneeze while there. After several vet visits the sniffing and sneezing got worse and he put him on antibiotics. He got worse and became totally stuffed up and had to breathe thru his nose. The vet was still stumped. I went to another vet for a second opinion. After blood and other tests she misdiagnosed him with distemper. All the while he is happy, eating and drinking good, playing and having a great time. I was very sad for a few days until I realized he did not have distemper. She put him on 2 antibiotics because by then his poop was runny and he had a small occasional discharge. It never progressed beyond that. He did get better for a couple of weeks and then the symptoms started again. I took him back to the vet and we watched him for a few days and it was progressing so he was put back on antibiotics. While he was on them this time my Chihuahua started with the same

Here is the rest of the story. I was at work and had to sign off. My Chihuahuas symptoms were a little different but it is the same illness. It has spread to my other dogs and antibiotics just stop the symptoms, not the cause. I need to find the cause. This is my third round of antibiotics because it keeps returning. I cant just keep putting them on antibiotics forever. If anyone knows anything please hekp. WJ

Whew, you're right! You do need to find out what it is, and antibiotics obviously aren't the answer. They may even be causing the diarrhea, and it's very likely you're going to start having a yeast problem - if you don't already.

Where did you get the puppy that had the original symptoms?

Members online