THis is so wrong I am just speechless

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
patrick the Miracle dog. I have followed this and his site that has now saved so many in his name, since this first hit the news. On his hearing day I wore green for Patrick tho no one here knows or cares for that matter that I live by still. It was my way of willing there to be justice. If you have been following this and know anything more, please fill me in.

http://www.dogster.com/the-scoop/patrick-the-pit-bull-miracle-dog

Kisha Curtis, who pleaded not guilty last year to four charges of animal cruelty after her dog was discovered nearly dead of starvation at the foot of a 22-story trash chute, appeared in court last Wednesday after being threatened with arrest for having missed a court appearance the previous day.

Kisha Curtis, smiling in court. Photograph courtesy of the New Jersey Star-Ledger.

Curtis is now applying for a pretrial intervention program. Its completion "would eventually wipe the criminal charge from her record. She has previously rejected the state's plea offer that calls for up to 18 months in prison, a $5,000 fine and 30 days' community service," reports the New Jersey Star-Ledger.:(:confused::thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:
mind you he was thrown down that chute in a trash bag and if he hadn't weighed no more than a dried up leaf, the fall alone would have killed him. But no. He was alive. I am so disgusted with the courts. 18 months? Expunged record? Seriously?

ACooper

I am a bit confused smkie.....I read and reread that article and the way I understand it, nothing is over yet. She REFUSED the plea offer of (up to) 18 months, 5k fine, and 30 hours community service.

She plead not guilty in May, and thinks she's able to beat the charges I guess. The program she signed up for will get it removed from her record..........but I don't understand HOW she can sign up for that program while claiming she's not guilty :confused: Am I reading the news wrong?

Can someone who understands the law, or understands more of what's going on please explain this to a lowly midwesterner? LOL

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
YES...please. THat is my problem. ANd why should you ever have such a thing removed from your record? WHy should that be allowed?
tar and feathers

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Ok..this makes more sense. I had missed it by one day. Found this on my facebook page. So green thoughts all day tomorrow for justice for Patrick.
The Patrick Miracle
Tomorrow Patrick's abuser Keisha Curtis will be back in court!!! He was 19 pounds when he was found in a garbage chute, now he is 51 pounds and happy!! ♥ Coty

LilahRoot

Wow, what an evil woman. I remember reading this shortly after it happened, and I couldn't understand it then, I don't now.

Doberluv

Ought to be treated like any other murderer at the very least. Why does this society devalue dogs lives so much?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Torture is torture, and the time should be the same. 18 months is a slap on the wrist. To have her record is expunged the right word> To have that done is an injustice to us, to her children. Do they honestly think a class or set of classes is going to change this kind of behavior? I am not saying people can't change. I have a hard time believing it, but have been told it is really possible. Years of therapy and more. YOu read the things that are happening out there, dogs that are burnt, stabbed, shot, taped and drowned, drowned in their carrier, taped mouths shut and left out in the heat to die, and wonder why 18 months is a suitable amount of time for these vile people to be returned to the public to walk amongst our children. IT sure isnt' enough for me. I only prison is a taste of what she put Patrick through. If she actually gets away with this, I will have letters to write. It probably won't do any good, but it will FEEL like something. I keep checking but haven't found out what is happening yet.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
http://video-embed.nj.com/services/...AAAAPLMIP6E~,BRrRHTAljlHNUYJqhl35zLecZpp8wkKm

Kisha Curtis went to court today and more delays, another month or two before she returns to court. This woman claims to have never starved Patrick, why then was he so weak he could not hold up his head and weighed only 19 pounds? She also
states she did not put him in a trash bag and drop him down the garbage chute where Patrick dropped 19 stories, if not for the person who found Patrick he would have been crushed to death in the trash compacter.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
from the patrick miracle

MEMPHIS and Patrick, and other doggie news will be discussed with stalwart animal welfare Facebooker Howard Epstein today on the ASK SUE Blog Radio Show. I might pop in as well, and perhaps we can coax Jeff Coltenbeck to do so, too.

I invite you to suggest SHORT/SPECIFIC questions in the comments below, and I will attempt to address some of them during the show, and also right here after the show. (For my own organizational benefit, I may delete comments below (like duplicated questions, etc) to keep the list easier to manage. ~John

You can listen today, 4pm ET, 1PM PT, at the following link:

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ask-su...how-joined-by-howard-eipstein-x-doggy-updates

This woman claims to have never starved Patrick, why then was he so weak he could not hold up his head and weighed only 19 pounds? She also
states she did not put him in a trash bag and drop him down the garbage chute where Patrick dropped 19 stories, if not for the person who found Patrick he would have been crushed to death in the trash compacter.
Ah, the ever-popular "How'd THAT happen??" defense. :/

Members online