Duck crap

Scooter

We live on a lagoon along with hundreds of ducks. Zoe loves to chase them, and apparently has a taste for their crap. I make her drop it if I see her, but I know she eats some. Will it hurt her? She just recently started doing this.

Sweet72947

Squishy face
She could probably pick up parasites, but otherwise I don't think it will hurt her. My dog likes deer crap, and aside from occasionally getting worms, she hasn't had any problems. I try to keep her away from it, but sometimes she finds that random pile in the yard and scarfs some before I can yell at her. :p

I would advise to break her of the habit to do it to prevent parasite infection that Sweet72947 mentioned about. It is very likely that she will get worms eating ducks crap as birds are common carriers of parasites. It's better to avert than cure.

Red_ACD_for_me

Ruled by a RED boy!
She can get giardia from duck feces as well as getting it from ponds if she swims in any that many ducks use as a toilet ;) I know, my Caiza recently had giardia and with several days of antibiotics it cleared up. No more ponds for my guy and we stay away from areas that are heavily frequented by ducks and geese............I would have a fecal done on your dog just to make sure she doesn't have any parasites :)

We have this issue as well. We have ducks and our girl loves their poop.... I just really keep an eye on her to make sure she isn't sick, try to keep her away as best as I can.
She did get sick from cat poop once (neighbor's cat poops in our yard, and she ate it), but so far the duckie doodoo has not harmed her.
MBG

Members online

No members online now.