Sad news for KC pitbulls

Zoom

Twin 2.0
First this attack happened:
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/local/14568771.html

Which now apparently gives anyone who doesn't like dogs a license to kill:
http://blogs.kansascity.com/crime_scene/2006/05/playful_bubbles_1.html

Pits have been in the news a lot recently, both because it seems the warmer weather has brought out the idiots who like to let their dogs roam, and because the furor from one incident can't die down before something new happens. I don't know if there were a bunch of "christmas litters" this year or what, but the number of pits in general seems to have skyrocketed.

There are the stirrings of movements from various people to enact a Denver-like ban for pits in the Kansas City area. As seen in the second article, and known to many people on this board, the average persons ability to properly identify any dog breed is (woefully) laughable.

AusCatDogs_4Ever

but please call me Aus.
In the first story it is obviously the owners fault for not being responsible for the dogs... I agree "stupid governments", they are all so hard on Pits, other breeds too. :(

The second story brought tears to my eyes... :( A lot of "Pit Bull" attacks probably wern't even by Pit Bulls at all! People should learn how to identify the dog breeds, instead of assuming that all big headed stocky dogs are Pit Bulls. :mad:

So sad. Especially the second story. After reading bubbles story and the update one at the bottom I was still left asking, did the owners say the dog was gentle? It actually does not say that, which makes me think that the dog did have issues with strangers?

There is also no informatin about an interview the neighbor. The guy stated that he went back into his house and called animal control and went back outside because the dog was harassing the neighbor. I would like to hear what the neighbor said about the dogs behaviour.

Thats why I hate so many news articles, there are to many loose ends...

cowgurl6254

Herding dogs rock!!!
This story made me cry :( My own dog was shot by a neighbor who felt "intimidated" by him. My dog was a 20 lb sheltie who was in our own FENCED IN backyard. :mad: This dog would not hurt a flea. The man came up through our yard (we lived on 2 acres) and stood outside our fence to shoot our dog. Please explain to me how he felt "intimidated" when the dog was contained on our property. Some people are so stupid:mad: Our dog died by the way, and the charges against the man were dropped.

Members online