Next non-dog pet

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Should be picking up my Coturnix within a week. Not sure they count as pets though.

~Tucker&Me~

Possibly a cat down the road, and possibly a bird. Cat would be a rescue cat and bird would be a crimson bellied conure.

Those are just possibilities though, I am not 100% set on getting anything outside of dogs.

B

Blue_Dog

I recently adopted another hamster, an Rc dwarf. She was apparently found outside -- abandoned. I also got some corydora fish for my 20 gallon but I need to get a few more soon. Besides that I would love a betta, hehe.

PlottMom

The Littlest Hound
I'm really not sure about having to take care of anything but the dogs; ideally someday we'll have saltwater tanks or "display" snakes of some sort. Realistically the NEXT non-dog will be a betta, I'm dying for another one :)

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Do you... eat them? What are they for?
You can. They are also prolific egg-layers. They start laying around 6 weeks old and outlay chickens in numbers of eggs...about 5-6 a week for the first year. They are also table-ready at 6 weeks.

Granted the eggs are smaller than chicken eggs so you need more, but chickens aren't an option for me til sometime next year anyway since I don't have a run built yet and don't have a perimeter fence.

My roommate wants guinea pigs next year, but I'm trying to hold out: it will be too crowded with two of us, Capo, and Dillinger as it is!

Probably my next non-dog pet will be either another beta or a Leopard Gecko (I'm itching for something a little less...um...carnivorous after owning a Tokay!)

After the 3 rattie boys (and 1 girl) Im fostering go home I think Ill just stick with my 3 for a while. It will be hard to see them go. Id like an Oriental Short hair or Peterbald at some point but I dont see myself with out with curs and sighthounds so that maybe just a dream.

K

Kaydee

I'm sorry, there's no way I could eat those babies. Even as big ol ugly chickens..I admit I eat Purdue and try not to think what it actually is...gah. Anyway, Lacey the rat is growing nicely so that's 4 rats, 7 cats, a gerbil, fish and Pookins and the garden out front. That's enough stuff to feed and water for now, I'm good

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
I'm sorry, there's no way I could eat those babies. Even as big ol ugly chickens..I admit I eat Purdue and try not to think what it actually is...gah.
Fair enough, wouldn't ask you to. FWIW my main point in getting them is eggs.

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Oh, they are wee quail! How big are their eggs compared to a hen's egg?
It'll take about 4 quail eggs to equal one chicken egg by weight lol

[stock image]

These are Jumbo Coturnix which basically means they are Coturnix that have been selected for larger egg size so their eggs should be a bit bigger...the ones they had in their incubators were a bit bigger and out of the same birds...but that gives a general idea.

Members online

No members online now.