Girly Stuff

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
My shoulder blade area is horribly dried out. Lotion suggestions that don't smell like old ladies?
Palmers, Burts Bees, Eucerin, Nivea... lots of stuff at the drug store, but I'm not sure what "old ladies" smells like so. L'Occitane is great stuff but more expensive.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Nope. After I had such a bad reaction on the last kind, my doc refuses to prescribe me anything else.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I just upgraded my period tracker app and I am having a little sick fun looking at all the charts I can now see of correlations between cycle stage and mood, symptoms, etc. I'm mildly amused at myself.

Lyzelle

I just upgraded my period tracker app and I am having a little sick fun looking at all the charts I can now see of correlations between cycle stage and mood, symptoms, etc. I'm mildly amused at myself.
That app is entirely way too amusing. I have the same thing, and every few weeks I freak out just a little bit.

Any tips for super easily clogged pores? I feel like I can't do anything with my face anymore that isn't a quick wash. All the foundations I've tried is breaking me out, my skin is ssuuuuuper dry because of the weather but I can't use moisturizers because they clog my pores and break me out. It's like a million blackheads or barely-there whiteheads. Can't see them unless you are on top of my face. But it's still annoying and I've run out of ideas of what to do.

halp?

curse overly sensitive skin forever.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Baking soda and honey paste? Mix together (raw honey is best), smear on your face and leave for about 2 minutes, then gently scrub and rinse.

milos_mommy

My boyfriend's 11 y.o. sister put tinsel in her hair and I thought it looked so cute I put some in my hair. I debated on whether or not it was too childish for me to pull off but I think for the holidays it's subtle and festive enough!

AmandaNola

Wanna Pet My Wiener?
Can anyone recommend a good lotion for sensitive skin? I want something that has some kind of (subtle) smell, but my skin is so **** sensitive. As in, most in store (target, walmart) either gives me a rash or breaks me out, and I have to use free and clear detergent.

Can anyone recommend a good lotion for sensitive skin? I want something that has some kind of (subtle) smell, but my skin is so **** sensitive. As in, most in store (target, walmart) either gives me a rash or breaks me out, and I have to use free and clear detergent.
I usually use Aveeno or Lubriderm in the dead, dead of winter.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady

I use lubriderm and Vaseline repairing lotion. I get really bad eczema plus just dry skin in general and the lubriderm helps a ton with that for me.

RD

Are you dead yet?
I shaved the side of my head yesterday. Today I chopped off 3-4 inches and am going from hennaed red to bright aqua. I'm having a bit of an identity issue apparently. New hair always makes me feel better. Can't afford salons, but I can mangle myself at home just fine!

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I shaved the side of my head yesterday. Today I chopped off 3-4 inches and am going from hennaed red to bright aqua. I'm having a bit of an identity issue apparently. New hair always makes me feel better. Can't afford salons, but I can mangle myself at home just fine!
Post pictures!!! Changing my hair is the way I deal with all my issues lol!

Try finding an all (ok mostly as its going to have preservatives in it) natural lotion without alcohol. Scent, look for a lavender if you like it.

IMO the BEST thing would be to make your own, its super easy. Perishable without a preservative but just make small batches or keep in the fridge.

or have you tried straight coconut oil? Or if that isnt enough, you could whip a bit of heavier oil (sweet almond, sunflower, etc) into coconut. That will lasts longer (straight coconut will last for years) and you can add a bit of lavender or another essential oil.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell

The only lotion I can use on my face. And I have a super, super sensitive face is après ski green beaver boreal body lotion. It's more expensive, but so worth it.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Remind me to never do henna again! Ugh such a pain in the butt lol. It just doesn't make a drastic enough difference to my hair for all this to be worth it. :eek: Just 2.5 more hours to go lol.

Lyzelle

I use Vaseline lotion for my body. My face goes without these days because it is so sensitive.

Speaking of which...ended up back at sephora. New foundation samples and a new skincare routine sampler that was around $25. I guess we'll see if it works. I am so tired of feeling like a teenager with terrible skin issues. I thought I was past this.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
The only lotion I can use on my face. And I have a super, super sensitive face is après ski green beaver boreal body lotion. It's more expensive, but so worth it.
Vaseline and lubriderm (sorry if that's spelled wrong) always broke me out. But the nurse that cared for my ill grandmother before she died used a little olive oil on her skin to soften it. I have also used it on my heels with great results.

I also have really sensitive skin, I can't use some detour gents, soaps, or lotions but I have always had good luck with bath and body works stuff, it doesn't even irritate my skin ... Which is even allergic to certain fabrics xD

Members online

No members online now.