Poor Starving Coyote

Gambit has picked up a new behavior in the past week or so. He is raw fed and eats once daily, usually around 3. After 2.5 years of owning him, he is finally maintaining a normal weight. He looks good and eats well.
So why is he suddenly convinced that he's starving to death? Every night for a week I've been getting a nose jab and sad whimper around 8 at night. When I ask him what he needs, he runs to the kitchen and stands in front of the fridge like he hasn't been fed at all.
He actually been getting less exercise then usual due to my switching jobs and him no longer doing daycare, so he's not burning more calories that he needs to replace. He's 3, so he can't be having a growth spurt.
If I offer more food he eats it, but after struggling to put weight on him for so long, I don't want to overfeed and go too far in the other direction.
I should add that he has NEVER begged for food prior to this, which makes it doubley strange
Should I ignore him or give in and feed the extra portions?

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Just depends. If Enzo asks for more food I ignore her, but if Indy asks for more, I give her more.

Members online

No members online now.