Anyone heard of Dr. Tim's food?

I hope it works for them!

I've gotten addicted to ordering dog/cat food online! I love coupon codes! Petflow also does trials where you can get a case of good cat food for $3.99 or 5lb bags of food or sometimes smaller from 99 cents to 3.99 depending on the size. Then I got LED lights to put on their collars when we go hiking. And I'm torturing them by turning all the lights off in the house and making the lights flash! Now I signed up for the surprise box for $25/month from petflow. First one shipped today so I'll see if it worth it!

Right now the cat is eating Evo. Got 2 2lb bags for 99 cents each! Last the cat over a month.

But I've been wanting to try Victor's regular line for a while and 3 months ago no one in the state of FL sold it, but they said it should be available shortly. Just checked and found a store near me that carries it. So I want to try the Pro Plus which is 30/20 for the hounds and the Ocean Blend w/ grains and/or the Yukon which is grain free fish formula. Prices are great too. The Ocean Blend is $45 for 40lbs which is dirt cheap compared to $60 for 25lbs I'm paying now. That is if Casper can eat it! But I'll never know if I don't try and so far the only places online that sell it charge $20 plus for shipping ONE bag so there goes the savings. I need to find a way to cut some cost! I don't want to go cheap cheap on food, but with my roommate moving out and having to pay all the bills, I need savings where I can find them.

So far so good. While they still do not like the food- they are eating it. Coats look great, poop is small/firm, but Ronon has gas. They are eating less too. Ronon is down to 3 cups and Keenan is also eating 3 cups total- 1 cup 3x a day as he is 12 weeks old and 19lbs Wed. at the vet. Jack is eating 1 cup a day now that he is no longer coughing.

kady05

Oh I forgot to update this. I did order a bag of the Pursuit. Started mixing it in with Wilson's other kibble the other day, he seems to be tolerating it fine.

Sako has eaten it twice (he refuses to eat turkey necks now so I replaced that meal with kibble just to see how he'd do).. both times his stools have gotten very loose. Granted, he hasn't had kibble for almost a year, so I'm sure that's why. It resolves itself by the next day (and it's not like he's going constantly, just one time, very loose, that's it). So I'll keep giving it for now and hope that his stomach deals. We shall see.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Hmm, interesting! Maybe something in it smells funny to them? Wilson would probably eat mulch if I fed it to him, so I'm not too concerned about that.
Buddy would too, he even ate the bad batch of natures variety I had that went bad (not rancid persay but it just had an "off" smell about it) Josefina couldn't touch it so I just thought she was being naughty) but when I tried to feed it to my folks other dog who also would eat anything & she didn't that's when I knew something was wrong lol & pulled them off it imediately & notified the company.

Right now I am feeding B2B pork & they love it, but if they don't the place I bought it from will let me exchange it for something else or refund my money of they don't like it.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I have has picky dogs in the past & it sucks!!! It's so frustrating you want to strangle them (not really lol) because there is no reason for them not to eat it, ESP if the food is a good quality & there is nothing wrong with it. I had that prob when I bought mainly fish protien food one time when I still had Izze a while back & found out he hard way she doesn't like it lol. She for a few days refused to eat it, but I stuck to my guns & "made" her by showing he she wasn't getting anything else, so she begrudgingly ate it, I just made a mental note not to get another mainly fish protien food lol.

I went to dr Tim's site & read thru all the foods & it's ok it's not something I would feed personally , the cals per cup are good but the ingredients (with one meal first only & the rest flour or barley ) that the cals are mostly from filler.

I feed back to basics, which is the same amount of cals but has three-four meat meals listed first before the first source of fat & at least 2 of them Are organ meals.

Update: Not good, won't feed again.

Donated rest of bag to the local shelter.

After running out of previous food that I had been mixing with Dr. Tims- one dog got very loose stools even after reducing feeding amount and the other 2 hate it and will not eat it unless mixed with can food or can mackeral, cottage cheese, etc. And b/c they weren't eating good, they started dropping weight. Normally if I throw a handful of kibble on the ground they will go nuts trying to pick up all the pieces. They just look at this and walk off and I got to sweep it up and throw it out.

It may be a fine food for some dogs, but just didn't work for mine.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
I'm not impressed with the way it looks on paper same with earthborn a food (excluding primitive naturals) I wanted to feed evo but it had a lot of cals from meat & she is already getting satin balls, lol so I don't want to overdo it.

Hope it works for you Kady! It was just a big flop here! I pick up their new food Friday and I'm hoping it does better. :) Right now they are eating raw and home cooked and would like to continue, but I can't afford and don't have the freezer space.

kady05

Well Sako actually ate a turkey neck this morning, so maybe he's done with his strike (for now..). I'd like to find a kibble he did okay on though, just because it's easier to bring to shows.

Wilson seems like like the Dr. Tim's though. He's my "can feed anything to" dog though LOL.

Well we got our new food today. It was a big hit. They are still licking the bowls. Ate it plain with a little water. So we'll see how it goes. Price is much better. $87 should feed all 6 dogs for a month or a little more.

Members online

No members online now.