Oh my! 77lb Dachshund!

Asking for money IMO is what opens a person up to opinions faster than anything. When I needed money recently to be able to attend a fundraising dock diving event, I sold stuff. I didn't just beg. If begging had led to me getting chastised, it happens.

Feed the dog less. Walk it. If it can't walk, swim it. I'm fat, too. Care to make a donation to me? I could use a treadmill, yo. [/smartassery]

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Maybe the dog won't eat those things? Maybe nutricionsts have different ways of going about feeding a morbidly obese dog? .
Meh, honestly I'm confused why they would feel the need to feed carrots though?

Shamoo isn't the only obese dog I've thinned out. I currently have three obese dogs in my care at work specifically working on weight loss. I'm not a nutritionist but I don't think it's needed to help a dog lose weight either. Maybe this dog has alternative weight issues as well?

I'm confused why it's a donation issue as well. IMO I don't like treadmills for obese dogs very much, I prefer swimming and wrestling with other dogs where applicable.

I have to agree, the second you ask for donations you're instantly under scrutiny of those considering donation.

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Meh, honestly I'm confused why they would feel the need to feed carrots though?

Shamoo isn't the only obese dog I've thinned out. I currently have three obese dogs in my care at work specifically working on weight loss. I'm not a nutritionist but I don't think it's needed to help a dog lose weight either. Maybe this dog has alternative weight issues as well?

I'm confused why it's a donation issue as well. IMO I don't like treadmills for obese dogs very much, I prefer swimming and wrestling with other dogs where applicable.

I have to agree, the second you ask for donations you're instantly under scrutiny of those considering donation.
It might be a way to keep the dog full/give the dog some variety. I've seen people suggest green beans, but IDK, Sally likes almost everything and she doesn't care for green beans. Jack will only eat them if you throw them at him for him to catch.

I don't understand the donation thing, but honestly it seems like there are always "causes" out there asking for donations and I don't get bothered about it, I just don't donate except to very specific things. One thought on what might be costing money is swimming. We live around water here but many folks don't (or they live near water that is not safe to swim in), and in most places winter swimming is out of the question. We have two places in our area that have an indoor doggy swimming pool, but the swimming sessions cost money.

That having been said I'm not going to donate, but I really don't care if they ask for money.

That having been said I'm not going to donate, but I really don't care if they ask for money.
Same here. If I'm not giving money to them, why should I care if they have a donation button? :confused: And several reasons for offering carrots have already been offered up. *shrug*

Miakoda

Asking for money IMO is what opens a person up to opinions faster than anything. When I needed money recently to be able to attend a fundraising dock diving event, I sold stuff. I didn't just beg. If begging had led to me getting chastised, it happens.

Feed the dog less. Walk it. If it can't walk, swim it. I'm fat, too. Care to make a donation to me? I could use a treadmill, yo. [/smartassery]
Have I told you lately that I love you? :D

Members online

No members online now.