Growing up...

Barbara!

I have always had a habit of buying one collar for a puppy and keeping it on them until they grow out of it as a symbol of "growing up".

Baloo has outgrown his collar. He is about 7-8 months. (I am not sure exactly how old..).. But it makes me so sad!

How many of you weep a little when your dogs grow out of puppyhood, or do you encourage it?

chaospony

Yup, puppy Afghan hounds and adult Afghan hounds are most often quite different. I mourn what will never be again, we have piles and piles of toys that have lost almost all their appeal :(

One of my girls was severely malnourished when we got her, she was already 13 months so she had done most of her growing, but as she got up to a healthy weight, we had to cut her first collar off her!
Not gonna lie, I cried. It seemed so symbolic of how far she'd come.

I tend not to buy lots of collars so it's a pretty big deal when one is 'retired'

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥
I miss the puppy stage, but not enough to relive it. :) It is crazy to realize that Chloe's current collar was Violet's puppy collar. Lol!

monkeys23

Whats weird is that Scout's first owner got a super adjustable collar for her first one and she was still wearing it when I met her. So I have Scout's puppy collar, though I did not have Scout until she was 2. I guess eventual Mal puppeh will get to take a turn eh?

Bailey and Mammoth both came to us almost full grown, but each received an "ours" collar after they were officially adopted.

I don't think we still have Liberty's collar. He was a hellion and we were glad when he got too big to squeeze between the gaps in the fence :p

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I bought a puppy collar for new dog, and so far can't imagine there's dogs small enough it will fit lol

Members online

No members online now.