Chloes battle scar... weak stomachs stay away.

MPP

petperson
Aw, poor Chloe. Sending healing vibrations: <<<<<be well>>>>>

And btw, do you have any news about the liver biopsy?

Poor girl!

Critter had 50 staples for her surgery (shes 9lbs) and you can't even see/find the scar unless you really really try...so your girl should heal up fine and not have a noticable scar...she also was bouncing around like nothing happened...I gave up trying to stop her after a day or so, it was fruitless.

And btw, do you have any news about the liver biopsy?
yes, it came back as expected... Micro vascular dysplasia... I mean I knew that it was going to be that... the vet just kinda got my hopes up saying how perfect her liver looked... but now we just hope she never shows symptoms.

Critter had 50 staples for her surgery (shes 9lbs) and you can't even see/find the scar unless you really really try...so your girl should heal up fine and not have a noticable scar...she also was bouncing around like nothing happened...I gave up trying to stop her after a day or so, it was fruitless.
good to know! Its only her stomach, so a minor scar wont be a big deal... I just dont want it to be a big thing that bothers her.

good to know! Its only her stomach, so a minor scar wont be a big deal... I just dont want it to be a big thing that bothers her.
Yep! not even lumps at the ends like most spay scars give...your dog looks darker colored than mine so it may not blend as well since hair wont grow on the scar. But it wont be hideous IMO.

now that she diagnosed, what happens now?

now that she diagnosed, what happens now?
nothing major... I had already put her on a low protein diet and I am going to start her on sam-e and milk thistle supplements but otherwise that is it. She has never had any symptoms, so she doesnt need any medications or anything... we just do what we can to not put too much stress on her liver and hope she doesnt ever show any symptoms... many dogs never do and many dogs have this and are never diagnosed because no one ever bile acid tests them in the first place. If she ever did show any symptoms in the future, we would no what we are dealing with and start her some medications then.

Members online

No members online now.