"Blossom", Malinois foster

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
She's here! She got here Saturday afternoon, all the way from around Cleveland, OH to Chicago, thanks in no small part to some of you guys. :)

She's doing great! She's just an awesome dog who charms everybody she befriends. And she'll befriend anybody who gives her a little time and some cheese. LOL I left her with my roommate to take Keeva on a solo trip to the pet store, and came back to find the two of them curled up on the couch. My roommate confessed, "I LOVE HER!" :eek:

It's pretty obvious she hasn't been exposed to toys a whole lot but she figured it out REALLY fast and says, "More please!" Super fun dog. She did an amazing job this past week, considering she went from ignorant pet home -> county pound -> temp foster -> transport -> me. And her nickname is the Belgium Mellon-nose. You know, them police dogs, the Mellon-noses? LOL

Anyway, Balto loves her, clearly:

Skinny minnie, coat's just a tiny bit too big around her waist, LOL.

She thinks this "yard" business is a little better than the pound.

Both ears up, sometimes she can! I've since been posting the lazy ear to see if I can't get it standing.

Pair of dorks. LOL

That's all for now! She's in ok shape, HW- but too thin, and her coat is kinda yucky. Nothing some TLC won't fix!

Toller_08

Aw, she's adorable! Maybe Balto should keep her? They look good together!

I am sure you'll get her looking and feeling better in no time, poor girl.

Red.Apricot

She's so cute! I've been torturing myself with Belgian puppy pictures lately, since my boyfriend said that 'maybe he'd like a dog like Elsie,' lol.

This certainly doesn't help that, but I bet she's so grateful to you.

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
That too thin thing is just a Belgian issue,
Yeah, for sure! Even the vet Nikki took her to said she was only about 2-3 lbs underweight, which isn't too bad, but did rate her a 3 on the body condition scale. It's honestly more that she lacks muscle that anything.

Thanks everybody. She's a really wonderful dog. Today she found a tug on the ground and very deliberately brought it to me for a game. Yesterday she wasn't sure what it was.

However, she has lots of drive and lacks some basic skills. Like targeting and impulse control. :eek: LOL

Emily

Rollin' with my bitches
What does Keeva think of her?
Eheheheh... They're been on crate and rotate. Keeva's actually not that opposed to house guests but her initial reaction is super bossy/snarky. And Blossom, while pretty easy going with other dogs, has tendency to react if she's scared. So they're getting used to each other safely through crates, but so far so good. They said "hi" nicely through the bars this morning. Honestly, I can't wait till they're good to go because I know they're going to love playing with each other.

monkeys23

You know you must get pics when they are able to play! Thats going to be ridiculously cute.

Equinox

What a lovely girl, and she sounds like a sweetheart despite everything she's been through! She's in great hands :)

Taqroy

Eheheheh... They're been on crate and rotate. Keeva's actually not that opposed to house guests but her initial reaction is super bossy/snarky. And Blossom, while pretty easy going with other dogs, has tendency to react if she's scared. So they're getting used to each other safely through crates, but so far so good. They said "hi" nicely through the bars this morning. Honestly, I can't wait till they're good to go because I know they're going to love playing with each other.
Looool. Oh Keeva. I hope they become BFFs soon because I need pics of them playing. Yes. NEED.

Members online

No members online now.