Ceasar M. has his own mag

adojrts

i've read his first book and watched most of the first two seasons. i can't tell you how many times i wanted to fling his book across the room as i was reading it but i couldn't because it didn't belong to me.
Ditto ^^^, and the only good thing about owning the book instead of borrowing it, would be the satisfaction of throwing it or burning it as I wanted to do lol.

Doberluv

I don't have to eat the whole salad to realize that the whole thing is rotten.
I don't have to read his book after watching many, many of his shows to realize he is abusive to dogs. If a handful of dogs aren't abused or mistreated, but others are, even if it were only one other, I can still tell that he mistreats dogs. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to observe what he's doing and what is written all over the dogs' faces and bodies. It doesn't take reading his book in addition to watching the horrifying things I've seen him do on camera for some of us to figure it out. In fact, even watching a short time, hearing some of the things he says about dogs, which are completely ridiculous and incorrect formed my opinion right away.

I wouldn't buy one single thing with his name on it. I no longer watch his shows. They're just too disturbing to me. Sorry, but that's how I feel.

Doberluv

I got that quote wrong. LOL. "I don't have to eat the whole salad to know that parts of it are bad." I love that quote.

Lizmo

Water Junkie
The only good thing I see from his magazine is he has TONS of smiling/happy Pit Bull pictures throughout the mag.

xpaeanx

I think he's just using his line of bowls, water, collars, toys, etc... and now mags, to make enough money so when everyone's "Ceasar trained" dogs turn around and bite their owner's face off, he'll have enough to pay all the lawsuits and still retire...

He has a collar that I really really like.... but I refuse to buy it, because I'm not going to give my money to help him promote his ways.

Dekka

Just try me..
So, i'm wondering when any of you will be publishing a "worthwhile" magazine and when we can expect to see it on newstands?
since when is publishing about 'worthwhile'? Its all about who will buy and and how much money it will make. I mean how many mags on the stands even barely qualify as 'worthwhile' :rofl1::rofl1:

Doberluv

I think he's just using his line of bowls, water, collars, toys, etc... and now mags, to make enough money so when everyone's "Ceasar trained" dogs turn around and bite their owner's face off, he'll have enough to pay all the lawsuits and still retire... He has a collar that I really really like.... but I refuse to buy it, because I'm not going to give my money to help him promote his ways.
:rofl1::rofl1::rofl1:

No magazines here, but a book. You can expect to see my worthwhile book in book stores everywhere. When can you expect it? Now that's a good question. I still have lots of work to put into it.;)

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
So, i'm wondering when any of you will be publishing a "worthwhile" magazine and when we can expect to see it on newstands?
So someone has to have published a magazine in order to declare one worthless?

By that logic, someone has to have developed a vaccine in order to decide that one is not worth receiving, no? ;)

So someone has to have published a magazine in order to declare one worthless?

By that logic, someone has to have developed a vaccine in order to decide that one is not worth receiving, no? ;)
this is good. Actually for a year and half I worked with a Dr. Steve Callister thru UW La Crosse in the middle to late 90's on a lyme vaccine and techniques for serodiagnosis. So yeah, even though that particular one was not licensed at the time, a similiar one has since been. So I think I can safely say I have a bit of knowledge when it comes to vaccines.

so what mag do you work for? ;)

sillysally

Obey the Toad.
Well, as someone with a BA in English who served on advisory committees for professors and wrote a number of critical papers dealing with everything from films to articles to literature, I can safely say that I know a bit about whether or not a dog training magazine is worth my time. :) However, I'm fairly certain that without that schooling I'd be able to figure it out, and that's the point.

Whether or not something has "worth" is entirely up to who's in the market. I don't deer hunt, nor do I have any interest in deer hunting, so a deer hunting magazine is worthless to me. Most people on this thread don't think highly of CM's training methods, therefore to them an entire magazine revolving around CM and his training methods would be pretty worthless.

If you are a CM fan, fantastic! Rock on with your bad self--you now have an entire Dog Whispering magazine to enjoy (I have nothing against CM--I take bits and pieces of knowledge from lots of dog trainers). However, to suggest that only people who have their own magazines are qualified to have an opinion as to whether they'd want a certain magazine is just silly.

If you are talking monetary worth--I absolutely think that magazine will make money. On top of being charismatic and good looking CM is a marketing genius. He could probably bottle sh!t, slap a smiling picture of himself surrounded by his pack on it, and people would buy it. But worth from a business perspective and worth in the larger sense of what the magazine will contribute to the dog world are two different things.

Either way, who cares? The people who don't like him will thumb through it in Barnes & Nobles and shake their heads in dismay, those that are fans will buy it and enjoy it and somehow life will go on.:D

Last edited:

Doberluv

Well, as someone with a BA in English who served on advisory committees for professors and wrote a number of critical papers dealing with everything from films to articles to literature, I can safely say that I know a bit about whether or not a dog training magazine is worth my time. :) However, I'm fairly certain that without that schooling I'd be able to figure it out, and that's the point.

Whether or not something has "worth" is entirely up to who's in the market. I don't deer hunt, nor do I have any interest in deer hunting, so a deer hunting magazine is worthless to me. Most people on this thread don't think highly of CM's training methods, therefore to them an entire magazine revolving around CM and his training methods would be pretty worthless.

If you are a CM fan, fantastic! Rock on with your bad self--you now have an entire Dog Whispering magazine to enjoy (I have nothing against CM--I take bits and pieces of knowledge from lots of dog trainers). However, to suggest that only people who have their own magazines are qualified to have an opinion as to whether they'd want a certain magazine is just silly.

If you are talking monetary worth--I absolutely think that magazine will make money. On top of being charismatic and good looking CM is a marketing genius. He could probably bottle sh!t, slap a smiling picture of himself surrounded by his pack on it, and people would buy it. But worth from a business perspective and worth in the larger sense of what the magazine will contribute to the dog world are two different things.

Either way, who cares? The people who don't like him will thumb through it in Barnes & Nobles and shake their heads in dismay, those that are fans will buy it and enjoy it and somehow life will go on.:D
:hail::hail::hail:

Yup....worth or value is determined by the purchaser. (or non purchaser, as the case may be)

However, to suggest that only people who have their own magazines are qualified to have an opinion as to whether they'd want a certain magazine is just silly.
It's not just silly. It's something else. I haven't figured out what adjective yet, but when I do, I'll let you know.:popcorn::D

He could probably bottle sh!t, slap a smiling picture of himself surrounded by his pack on it, and people would buy it.
Yes sirrrreeeeee. The same fans who buy his magazines and books, water and dog food, may want the whole collection of CM's inventions. :p

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
It's not just silly. It's something else. I haven't figured out what adjective yet, but when I do, I'll let you know.:popcorn::D
:rofl1::rofl1:
That's exactly why I haven't replied to the comment...I haven't figured out the best wording for a response. :p

puppydog

Tru evil has no pantyline
Oh, ok. So if we critisize Hitler will you ask us when we will be running a government to almost scary control standards? :rofl1:

did somebody just make a Hitler reference?

I really didn't think my point would be this lost on people, but then the fact that it was only further proves the point.

Members online

No members online now.