GSD Puppies

Lolas Dad

GSD Puppies and Chihuahua puppies

Seems like we have yet another BYB breed3er of German Shepard Puppies.

http://cnj.craigslist.org/pet/1409442218.html

I called the number listed and the puppies were born September 29th. Way to early to leave the mother. Then asked about health testing the parents, wasn't done. Then he said he is looking to get $800 each so my comment was oh just another back yard breeder looking to make money and nothing more. Might call him back, get the address and then call the SPCA or animal control to see if anything can be done.

Well yet another ad on CL. This one is for Chihuahua puppies. Called this one and asked the women if the parents of the pups could be seen. They said they were not their I asked where they were and they said Tennessee. Turns out that they have family there and bought them to resell in NJ. Supposed to be CKC registered but she does not have the paperwork yet.

If you ask me I am willing to bet that these guys came from a puppy mill. She seemed excited to tell me that the relatives in Tennessee could not believe how much of a demand for Chihuahua's in NJ is.

When I asked about patella testing etc on the parents she had no clue what I was talking about. Priced at $900 each.

Last edited:

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
its been flagged.

these threads are getting to be too much, I hate that the whole point is just to attack people. we had bad experiences with threads like these, especially one when information/links to the person in question was included

its an awful situation from the sound of it. another person just looking to make $ by selling puppies, and i do hate it just as much as any dog lover here.

Xandra

its been flagged.

these threads are getting to be too much, I hate that the whole point is just to attack people. we had bad experiences with threads like these, especially one when information/links to the person in question was included

its an awful situation from the sound of it. another person just looking to make $ by selling puppies, and i do hate it just as much as any dog lover here.
Agreed.

Why scour the pets section of craigslist if you don't have any intention of getting a new dog or helping/rescuing? Seriously, is it just to "call these people out?"

Some threads... like there have been a couple of nice looking pits (I think one was a cat x) posted recently, with the intention of "advertising" them if you will. Those are productive threads.

But there is NO point in posting BYB's or bad pet owners or anything along those lines... really it just gets people "outraged" and Lord knows that happens enough already. We don't need to seek out things to be "outraged" at.

JMO.

Lolas Dad

Just posting for a little education to people to see how this is so wrong. I'd like to see the people that are the BYB's educated also. I am NOT SORRY I posted it though.

The first one about the GSD's especially because this guy is willing to sell puppies that are less than 10 days old.

I posted the one about the Chihuahua puppies because people are buying from puppy mills and then reselling to make a profit where I think it might even be illegal to do so. Don't know but I will call and find out if it is.

Also in case your wondering why I am looking on CL in the pets section is because I am looking for a small cheap cat carrier for a kitten I adopted Saturday. Right now I have the kitten in Lola's crate during the day when I am not in the room and Lola is in it at night sleeping so I am keeping the kitten in a box at night. Of which the kitten was also found on craigs list as was Lola when I adopted her.

babymomma

Remembering Casey ♥
Everybody here KNOWS all that already.. And there are HUNDREDS of threads like it to educate newcomers.

Whatever, maybe some people like being **** disturbers.

Lolas Dad

Lets all be the Chaz police and dictate what people can/cannot post about.....

Seems to me that a few people above are trying to do just that. They have chosen to reply to the topic and no one forced them to read it in the first place.

filarotten

Fila the love
The poster did not infringe on anyones rights. He did not post the address, phone number or drag the person here to Chaz. That is when it becomes a problem.

It really is sad that people only want to breed for money and have little regard for life.

Xandra

I'm not trying to "dictate" anything at all, I posted my opinion and actually made a point of saying that it was just my opinion... It wasn't "so wrong" for you or anyone else to post something like this. In my opinion it is unproductive.

Normally I never reply to these posts, but there are a lot of them and this one already have a post that echoed my sentiments... so I elaborated. Carry on.

sammgirl

ACoops favorite
I was looking on craigs list because...well...I just do. You never know when you'll find a great deal on a cat bed or dog bed or ex pen...

And I saw someone trying to sell lab mixes at 4 weeks and I flagged them and emailed them and told them that was illegal.

I didn't post it on here because I took care of it. It made me sad to see it. I think people are just really uneducated. They don't mean to do harm sometimes, but that doesn't make it right.

DanL

since the ad is now gone, did it say they were letting the GSD pups go at 10 days old, or where they just advertising them and they wouldn't be released until old enough?

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
since the ad is now gone, did it say they were letting the GSD pups go at 10 days old, or where they just advertising them and they wouldn't be released until old enough?
That's what I was thinking. I've never even seen the worst of bybs try to actually sell puppies at 10 days, maybe take deposits, but not leave them go.

Lolas Dad

In talking to this guy selling them he was ready to sell and let go.

Members online

No members online now.