Maverick has DESTROYED the kitchen

Becca_

chowchow
Gracie has chewed on a couple of dinningroom chairs, the wall in one doorway, and every pencil she can get ahold of, and socks. Otherwise she hasnt been to bad. OH, and she chewed on a pillar going into the home theater. That one really upset my husband since he's put so much time into it. Princess chewed a hole in the sofa out of boredom and anger (before we got Gracie), tore the stuffing out of pillows. And they both will chew any plastic container they can find. They have never chewed on shoes so we are lucky there.

M

Manchesters

Hhhmmm.......guess I am lucky. None of my dogs have chewed anything. Of course when they are pups I keep rawhide flip chips all over for them. No danger of choking on little dogs......and the adults aren't all that interested.

I also have a bunch of Vermont Chew Men that have been around for 13 years. They are virtually indestrucable with medium (Whippet) sized dogs and Toys.

The worst my brats do is to cart my slippers out onto the patio, or one of the Chew Men, and once in a while if they can get hold of a paper towel they will make confetti out of it.

I do have my living room and kitchen dog proofed, which helps of course. And makes my life much more peaceful, and leads to a happier relationship with the dogs, since I don't have to yell at them.

bubbatd

Manchester, that's because you and I have had a long string of pups with the adults teaching the youngsters. I can't remember when I had the last " problems" . I do remember I.B. as a pup chewing on a tassel on Toms good loafers .....MANY years ago !

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
He's at it AGIAN :mad: ! I haven't been leaving him alone for more than five minutes today and STILL he manages to get himself into some kind of trouble :rolleyes: . He's peed on the floor three times, continued chewing the wood work in the kitchen and has managed to open the cabinet (where I keep his treats) and proceed to rip the box open and EAT THEM :eek: . Typical man though (always thinking of his stomach). I feel like pounding my head into a wall (or through one) he has been such a little brat these past couple of days! He's lucky he's so cute though. Hannah wasn't this bad ever! I keep telling myself "this is a passing phase. This is a passing phase." He's starting to chew the bottom of the baby gate as well, I can already see where his teeth are wearing in on the plastic.

M

Manchesters

Crate

juliefurry said:
He's at it AGIAN :mad: ! I haven't been leaving him alone for more than five minutes today and STILL he manages to get himself into some kind of trouble :rolleyes: . He's peed on the floor three times, continued chewing the wood work in the kitchen and has managed to open the cabinet (where I keep his treats) and proceed to rip the box open and EAT THEM :eek: . Typical man though (always thinking of his stomach). I feel like pounding my head into a wall (or through one) he has been such a little brat these past couple of days! He's lucky he's so cute though. Hannah wasn't this bad ever! I keep telling myself "this is a passing phase. This is a passing phase." He's starting to chew the bottom of the baby gate as well, I can already see where his teeth are wearing in on the plastic.
Crate, crate, crate, leashed to waist, leashed to waist, leashed to waist (also called the umbilical technique). OR you could do it the easy way, and get a plastic basket type muzzle for him.

M

Manchesters

My Web Pages

bubbatd said:
Manchester, that's because you and I have had a long string of pups with the adults teaching the youngsters. I can't remember when I had the last " problems" . I do remember I.B. as a pup chewing on a tassel on Toms good loafers .....MANY years ago !
You must not have seen my web page with the 5 week old babies beating the sheeet out of the adult Whippet. The adults always just stayed out of reach of the little monsters, lol. And that Whippet was crazy about pups. She would lay down in the middle of the floor as flat as she could get so they could crawl all over her, rofl. She actually contributed to their juvinile delinquency.

Thinking about it, Manchester babies really are not all that bad. Maybe because they are too little to see anything above floor level and so have less chance to cause mischief? And because I kept everything blocked off that could get them into trouble.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
he is crated during the day. I'll usually let him out for three hours to play and get water and exercise and then crate him for two and then let him out for another three hours. We have been letting him out to hang with us a lot more but he jumps and licks my daughter so much she is getting scared of him. So I've been doing obedience with him to try and help (which may I add was SUPPOSE to be my husband's job seeing as it is HIS dog). I'll overlook the fact that he was suppose to be taking care of this stuff and hasn't on the account that he is dumb when it comes to dogs. Just anytime I need to leave him alone to go to the bathroom myself or do something for my little girl he turns into this little devil dog. You can almost see the horns poking out of his head (LOL).

Becca_

chowchow
I had 3 monsters yesterday evening. I was already in a bad mood. Sore from flying off the step (still sore), Gracie had already managed to get away on our walk and walked herself home. So I was sitting on the computer and I heard Gracie, Princess and Kokomo playing in the front room. I went to let them out so they could do the rough housing outside, they had the cushion of the sofa laying on the floor and the 3 having a good ole time wrestling each other on it! Later on I took the garbage bag out to ready it for being taken out. I kept catching Gracie in it. I'd make her get away so I could finish up what I was doing. Once I finished I went back to my computer. Got company. Went to the front room to sit and there all over the floor was a mess! Gracie had snuck out a couple of empty packages (right under my nose) and the 3 had a hayday shredding them!
This stuff was my own fault. I was in a rotten mood and not paying close attention to what was going on. today my girls are lazy. Guess they wore themselves out from yesterday.

bubbatd

Thought of you all yesterday. Chip went with me to the grocery . I usually put my groceries in the passenger area, but had a big bag of dog food and 4 other bags, so openned the tail gate and put them in with Chip. A lot of meat, chicken and other goodies. He sniffed and wagged at each bag, then laid down for the trip home.

Members online