Thinking of getting an additional Rescue Dog

Bettyproko

Hi Everyone,
I have one rescue dog and am thinking about getting another when i go to the Happy Paws Expo in Vegas in November, but I'm not sure that it is a good idea to own two rescues. Any advice?

Thanks,
Betty

PoodleMommy

Yorkie Love
Hi Everyone,
I have one rescue dog and am thinking about getting another when i go to the Happy Paws Expo in Vegas in November, but I'm not sure that it is a good idea to own two rescues. Any advice?

Thanks,
Betty

As long as your dog is not aggressive with other dogs and you know that the new dog is okay with dogs there is no reason not to have more then one dog.

Paige

Let it be
If there is no reason not to get another dog then there is no reason not to have two rescue dogs. Tons of rescue dogs are level headed companions who are down on their luck. Others require different levels of work that will need to be put into them.

chanda

i think its ok as long as there are no behavioral problem with the dogs like being aggressive.

I always have two (or three!) rescue dogs, and I think it's a great thing to do! Since having two dogs is a bit more work, I'd recommend getting someone EASY... maybe a dog that's two years old and up with a calm temperament. I'm a fan of rescuing senior dogs... they're usually super easy and they're often already housebroken and trained. And they're always grateful for a nice home where they can enjoy their golden years!

Good luck... I hope you find a perfect 2nd dog!

darkchild16

We are Home.
I have 3 rescue dogs and used to foster greyhounds we have only had one little fight and it was with a intact Saint bitch (our rescue saint before she got fixed) and a just spayed greyhound bitch that was trying to climb the social ladder over our Saint. But if you have a dominant dog get a submissive dog of the opposite gender and if your dog is submissive or could care less I wouldnt worry to much. Just introduce right and get them settled in and you will have 2 great dogs that are very appreciative to have a home.

And I am the certifiablle one with a GSD/wolf I rescued several years ago as a pup and now a 7 month old APBT bitch that got left at the vet's office after surviving parvo treatment . . . WITH a 4 year old Fila bitch.

Go for it :D

B

Backward_Cinderella

All six of mine are rescues, and then we have the fosters on top of that, It all depends on the dogs. If they're really dog agressive, it probably is not a good idea, but if you've got a good natured one who is good with other dogs and can find a rescue that is also good with other dogs, then I say GO FOR IT!!

And good for you rescuing!!!

Members online

No members online now.