Sores?

Picklepaige

Hey, everyone. Our dalmation mix, Maggie (little over a year old) has suddenly gotten some random sores on her. She has a very red and sore swelling on one of her paws (she won't put any pressure on it) and has recently started developing sores all over her mouth. We took her to the vet for her paws and he couldn't find anything wrong, so we've been giving her pills to help the swelling. We're going to take her there again Thursday. Any idea what they might be?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
can you take a picture so we can see what they look like? Is there a hard lump beneath the sore? Do they drain or crust over?

Picklepaige

Well, by the time I can get a pic developed, we would have already taken her to the vet. I just want some early advice to see if I need to take her sooner. There is not a lump, but they do crust over. It is not a hot spot, is it? My lab has gotten hot spots before, but they were around her ear and her cheek. Maggie has them on her paw and all over her lips. With her lips, the best comparison I can make is what fighting dogs look like after a fight, if you can picture it.

bubbatd

I thought of hot spots ...until you said mouth ......... no clue ! Let us know !

Members online

No members online now.