need help with Sammys new diet..

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
I just got her back from the vet and shes on a strict rice and cottage cheese diet (and I mix in some baby food) but I have no clue how much to give her. The vet said 2 parts rice and 1 part cottage cheese?? what the heck is a part?? right now I'm thinking about giving her 1/2 cup rice and 1/4 CC every meal time (4 meals a day) does that seem right? she was eating about 2 cups of EVO...and weighs about 40-45 lbs...

Mordy

Quigleyfied
2 parts rice and 1 part cottage cheese means that no matter what amount you feed, you fed double the amount of rice as cottage cheese.

For example, if you made a whole batch of food it could be 2 pounds of rice and one pound of CC, or as you are doing now, 1/2 cup rice and 1/4 cup CC. :)

2 cups of cooked long grain white rice and one cup of low-fat (1% milkfat) cottage cheese have about 575 kcal, the regular Innova Evo has 537 kcal per cup.

iheartsammy

ME+DOGS=CRAZY
ok, I'm going to ga ahead and give her 2/3 rice and 1/3 cc..(i know I'm changing it alot :p) 1 cup & 1/2 seemed like too much and 1/2 & 1/4 seemed like too little, but 2/3 & 1/3 seems just about right. (but really I have no clue..lol)

You could just call up the vet and ask what an appropriate amount would be. A restricted diet is like medicine: if you had serving issues with a medication, wouldn't you call up your doctor? It's their job, they don't mind. Tell them you are confused and they should be more then happy to help.

Mordy

Quigleyfied
The 2 cups of rice and one cup of cottage cheese supply only about 7% more calories than one cup of Evo, so if you measure out that much and then remove 2 tablespoons of rice and one tablespoon of cottage cheese, you'd be very close to the equivalent of one cup of Evo.

Members online

No members online now.