Girly Stuff

I'm allergic to argan oil. Super bummed, gave the shampoo and conditioner I had with it to my sister, and we'll probably give her the small bottle of the expensive stuff too. Super sad. My hair felt so nice with it, but the little blisters all over my scalp and everywhere else the run off touched were killing me. LAME!!! :(

noludoru

Bored Now.
I think is what all home henna jobs end up looking like, lol. I've just settled into getting mine done at the salon every few months and leaving the cleanup to someone else.

As an aside, my stylist and I got to chatting about henna. The body art quality is not meant for hair; Lush is the same quality. You might as well rinse it straight down the sink. Menahandi is meant for hair and has the correct pigments and formulations
Bumping this to next page.

I'm allergic to argan oil. Super bummed, gave the shampoo and conditioner I had with it to my sister, and we'll probably give her the small bottle of the expensive stuff too. Super sad. My hair felt so nice with it, but the little blisters all over my scalp and everywhere else the run off touched were killing me. LAME!!! :(
Ew. I'm sorry. <3

Zoom

Twin 2.0
So apparently my sex drive finished it's vacation in Acapulco or wherever it's been hiding for the last 8 months.

That means a very, um, "frustrated" Zoom is stuck in a dealership full of guys who are exuding hormones/pheromones, etc. Brilliant combination. :rolleyes:

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
I think is what all home henna jobs end up looking like, lol. I've just settled into getting mine done at the salon every few months and leaving the cleanup to someone else.

As an aside, my stylist and I got to chatting about henna. The body art quality is not meant for hair; Lush is the same quality. You might as well rinse it straight down the sink. Menahandi is meant for hair and has the correct pigments and formulations.
I do mine by myself with my head upside down over some newspaper. Squish it all together on top of my head when I'm done, and voila. Absolutely no mess on my shirt or floors. All I do is wipe down my hairline and ears and plastic wrap my noggin for six hours and I get great results. :D

I use BAQ henna on my hair and it works great?

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
So I made a promise to myself to keep my hair curly for a week straight. I am in day three. And since I cant use most if not all curl creams, gels and the like I decided to try aloe Vera and I am surprised to say I am very, very happy with the outcome. My curls where neat, not frizzy and very natural looking. I was happy with my curly hair for once in my life. YAY!!

You curly hoard girls should all try it and tell me what you think.
okay wait WHAT? your curls werent frizzy?!?!?! what is this witchcraft? the only time my hair DOESNT frizz all to hell is when its WET

noludoru

Bored Now.
So apparently my sex drive finished it's vacation in Acapulco or wherever it's been hiding for the last 8 months.

That means a very, um, "frustrated" Zoom is stuck in a dealership full of guys who are exuding hormones/pheromones, etc. Brilliant combination. :rolleyes:
Mine came back after this cold. Same problem. Except no one here is attractive.

KILL ME NOW.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
I really like it :D it's sulphate, paraben etc free.. So the shampoo makes my hair feel weird and different. Then you add the conditioner and it feels so silky.

I add a teeny bit of the oil before drying and it makes my hair very shiny, although I've always had shiny hair. But I think it feels softer and more like it did when I was younger.

I use the light oil, as I have fine hair, so product normally makes my hair look greasy. And I have to say this doesn't make my hair look greasy at all!

And I like how it smells.

Too soon to say anything else really.. Going to see how it does over the next few weeks.

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Anyone had the brazilian blowout? My curls are sincerely pissing me off. I want them gone. GONE GONE GONE GONE

Any ideas?

Blowdrying/ironing just takes FOREVER (like an hour and a half on my own) and I'm sick of it.

Lyzelle

The stuff I'm using on my face is...sorta working.

It's working in a way that's all like, "I'm going to make your face look like the surface of the moon". Which is okay, because before it was like I couldn't get this **** OUT OF MY SKIN. And now it's obviously being purged. But in the meantime it sorta sucks, because, well, moon surface. But that is what my makeup is for (which I'm not reacting to, so double woot).

Also I'm like 58 days late. Again. WTF IMPLANON.

And my obligatory every Girly Post thread comment: I need henna in my life.

milos_mommy

I think more than some magic stress reducing herb or something, it's more about:

Get enough sleep
Make sure you eat healthy
Exercise
Keep a nice environment. Light candles, keep your space clean/organized if that's a stressor, have nice clean fluffy pillows and blankets
Make sure you spend time doing things you enjoy and FOCUS on that. Push thoughts about whatever's stressing you out OUT of your head whenever they pop in
Chamomile tea
A relaxing bath
Spending time outdoors
Upbeat music

Brattina88

I have two henna test strands going. I think its very funny I have patience for a classroom of suar-high preschoolers but not this :rofl1:
The wait is killing me :p

If all goes well I'm be picking one and doing it Saturday! :D

JennSLK

F150 and a .30-06
For those that have a IUD. I'm looking at getting a copper one hormones just don't sit overly well with me. How much did your bleeding and cramping get worse or did it get worse at all?

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I don't have any experience with the copper IUDs. From my reading, it does sound like they can make periods heavier, though.

On the IUD topic, I found out there's a new IUD out, designed specifically for women who haven't had kids!! :)

http://bedsider.org/features/261

noludoru

Bored Now.
Hair Update

So happy I did this and am sticking with it - my hair's so nice natural. Finally it's starting to look good.

My only problem is when I run my fingers through short hair I WANT IT SO BAD. I need to stick to petting long hair.

JazzyTheSibe

Love is 4 legged word
Anyone have good hair products for thick curly frizzy hair?

I've tried at least 8+ brands, nothing works.

noludoru

Bored Now.
You are so pretty, Nolu.
D'aww thank you!!<3

Jazzy, the best product I've found is to not use shampoo. Then add a little silicone-based product. (I don't use anything anymore.) Sebastian has a really good serum for short hair, but I don't recommend it for long.

krissy

I don't have any experience with the copper IUDs. From my reading, it does sound like they can make periods heavier, though.

On the IUD topic, I found out there's a new IUD out, designed specifically for women who haven't had kids!! :)

http://bedsider.org/features/261
I have a copper IUD. I don't really find the cramping to be worse. And I don't particularly find that I have heavier bleeding... but it does seem to stretch the bleeding out a bit. For example, before my IUD I would have 2 really heavy days and then much less for the next 3-5 days. Now, I still have probably 2 heavy days and again much much less... however I have found that I often still have a little bit of bleeding by the 7th day and sometimes it'll stop for a day and I'll think all is good and then I'll have a tiny bit of bleeding again for a day or two before it finally stops. It's not a big deal except for being a little annoying. I don't think I'm losing more blood than usual... it's just a pain in the butt.

However, I'll take that over hormones any day. I'd rather have more to deal with with my period than really not have any periods but feel as horrible as I did on birth control. I was not myself. All I wanted to do was sleep, watch tv and eat. I didn't want to go for walks or play sports. And I was constantly getting UTIs and yeast infections. Hormones are the devil. They are not healthy. They need to come out with more non-hormonal methods that are EFFECTIVE. The copper IUD is really the only option right now.

Members online

No members online now.