Girly Stuff

FG167

I'm hoping to get some photos outside tomorrow to catch how beautiful it really is. I love love love LOVE IT. My mom thinks it's really pretty too, she was terrified of me doing it and tried to talk me out of it haha.
What product did you use? I think it looks gorgeous - very pretty color!

RD

Are you dead yet?
Beanie, as someone who loves dark/natural hair, I don't think I say this often to people, but DAYUM you look good as a blonde!

Nolu, that's about the length my hair is now. But without the pretty layers or waves. Mine just lays flat and stick straight. Blow dry? Stick straight. Air dry? Stick straight. Braid and sleep in it? Frizzy for about two hours after undoing braids, then stick straight. My hair will. not. hold. a curl.

Dumping henna on it when I wake up tonight, though.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
My new meds are tearing up my stomach (yay metformin) and causing me to have cramps 24/7. I also think I've been extra hormonal lately because I'm crying at the drop of a hat. Then again the last 2 weeks have been very stressful/sad so maybe it's not that weird.

But seriously I am cramping like I am on my period when I'm not. And that is obnoxious. I don't know why B-yas (or however it's spelled) would be different than regular yaz.

I've lost 6 lbs in 3 weeks though since being on these things. I'm wondering if it is due to the hormones? Not sure.

milos_mommy

Soak in warmed acetone for 5 minutes (put a small cup of acetone in a pot of near-boiling water and let sit for a bit), then peel/scrape off.
I'm scared it will make my nails peely gross. Ahhhh.

Also, what do I wear to a job interview as a children's party motivator?

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
What product did you use? I think it looks gorgeous - very pretty color!
Thank you! I'd have to grab the bottle and look again but I'm pretty sure I grabbed a 10N, neutral lightest blonde, and a level 40 developer. That's it! If it wasn't the 10N it was the HL-N which is high lift neutral.

Beanie, as someone who loves dark/natural hair, I don't think I say this often to people, but DAYUM you look good as a blonde!
Thanks! I think it looks really natural on me. When I was younger I had blonde hair and it's gotten darker as I've gotten older, so it's really not wildly unusual. It actually matches my eyebrows LOL. I really really like it. I'm undecided how long I will keep it since it will require plenty of maintenance for the roots though.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I dyed my hair blonde two weeks ago. First time in years I varied away from a reddish brown. I'm liking it a lot and getting lots of compliments. I also cut off around 4 inches!

meepitsmeagan

Meagan & The Cattle Dog Crew
Buy chlorophyll. Seriously. Romy raves about it and I tried a bottle, and holy cow it helps.
Have you tried certain dri? It's the only thing that ever worked for me. Put that on at nigh and something cheap and good smelling in the am.
Will definitely be looking into both of these. Thanks guys!

Zoom

Twin 2.0

Nolu, that's about the length my hair is now. But without the pretty layers or waves. Mine just lays flat and stick straight. Blow dry? Stick straight. Air dry? Stick straight. Braid and sleep in it? Frizzy for about two hours after undoing braids, then stick straight. My hair will. not. hold. a curl.

Try the headband wrap method. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPmQsR1xXLI It's the only thing that keeps my hair somewhat curled throughout the day. I wake up with what looks like Jewfro, then it relaxes into decent curls by the end of the day, like this.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
I definitely wanted to keep the red in it - the guy told me my hair is naturally red so as I lift it, it will stay red. He didn't even recommend we tint it. He said if I want more red, come back and we'll get a tint, but he thought just going a natural high blonde would get what I wanted.
He also said I was the very first person he ever recommended a 40 too. Normally he talks people down into 30 or 20 but he said go full on 40.

I LOVE it. I left it on for 40 minutes, he guessed I should try 35 but I pushed it a bit longer because I wanted higher. I have enough for a second round if I want to go lighter, but I think it's really gorgeous already. My Rockaholic conditioner should be good to keep everything healthy but he told me my hair was super duper healthy and gorgeous, and now was a good time to try it. So boom.

Before:

and DRUM ROLL PLEASE...

after:

I'm hoping to get some photos outside tomorrow to catch how beautiful it really is. I love love love LOVE IT. My mom thinks it's really pretty too, she was terrified of me doing it and tried to talk me out of it haha.
HOLY CRAP!

I LOVE THE BLONDE ON YOU!!!

lowercase.

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
My new meds are tearing up my stomach (yay metformin) and causing me to have cramps 24/7. I also think I've been extra hormonal lately because I'm crying at the drop of a hat. Then again the last 2 weeks have been very stressful/sad so maybe it's not that weird.

But seriously I am cramping like I am on my period when I'm not. And that is obnoxious. I don't know why B-yas (or however it's spelled) would be different than regular yaz.

I've lost 6 lbs in 3 weeks though since being on these things. I'm wondering if it is due to the hormones? Not sure.
If it makes you feel any better, met did that for me, too. It took me a long time before I was able to take it and not have to worry about a nearby bathroom... Maybe 3 months? It definitely gets better (but I still try to take it with a meal, preferably high in protein). I do, however, think met has helped me tremendously with my weight loss (and even just because I was scared of the met effects after eating something bad, lol).

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
If it makes you feel any better, met did that for me, too. It took me a long time before I was able to take it and not have to worry about a nearby bathroom... Maybe 3 months? It definitely gets better (but I still try to take it with a meal, preferably high in protein). I do, however, think met has helped me tremendously with my weight loss (and even just because I was scared of the met effects after eating something bad, lol).
Bathroom 6 times today. No fun at all.

It does give me hope that it gets better. They want to switch me to glumetza(?) because they say it is sometimes more tolerable. I'm on week 3 of regular met 500 mg 2x a day and it's getting bad. I had to opt out of working out tonight because I can see me trying to do squats and er.... not good.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Beanie it looks AMAZING. OMG. Love the red, but the strawberry blonde is stunning.

Got waxed today. Didn't even flinch. The girl was impressed lol.
You continue to amaze and impress me.

Bathroom 6 times today. No fun at all.

It does give me hope that it gets better. They want to switch me to glumetza(?) because they say it is sometimes more tolerable. I'm on week 3 of regular met 500 mg 2x a day and it's getting bad. I had to opt out of working out tonight because I can see me trying to do squats and er.... not good.
((((HUGS)))) just.. lots of hugs.. no advice or anything because, well, I don't know.

I dyed my hair blonde two weeks ago. First time in years I varied away from a reddish brown. I'm liking it a lot and getting lots of compliments. I also cut off around 4 inches!
Ooo pictures? You showed us pictures when it was blonde a few years ago and it was just gorgeous.

I love your hair so much. Seriously. I need more pictures so I can drool over and and plot how to steal it from you. I just want super long hair for a while. :( Super long, purple hair.

But at least it's making your hair grow faster!

My hair is about at that length now. I have split ends galore though, so I need to trim it down. Still. I'm pleased.
The hair on my crotch, apparently. Hmmph. I don't know if it's doing much for the hair on my head.

You can do a microtrim and trim just the hairs with the split ends. It takes forever, but would solve the split end issue without taking off too much length. Your hair is so thick and gorgeous, I can't even imagine how awesome it much be when it's that long. The only person I've ever met with hair as nice as yours is Skittles.

I'm going to make a dorky obsessive post about my hair next. Because I'm depressed and sick and I need something that I can consistently obsess over, and it's going to be my hair.

noludoru

Bored Now.
So, I desperately want my hair to look like this:

But it's going to take a year(ish) to reach my shoulders.

The last time I had it that long was 2009:

dahlia 034 by noludoru, on Flickr

I found a picture of it in one of the (seemingly constant) in-between phases, though, and it was quite cute.

DSC_0170 by noludoru, on Flickr

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
So, I desperately want my hair to look like this:

But it's going to take a year(ish) to reach my shoulders.

The last time I had it that long was 2009:

dahlia 034 by noludoru, on Flickr

I found a picture of it in one of the (seemingly constant) in-between phases, though, and it was quite cute.

DSC_0170 by noludoru, on Flickr
Cute!

I've decided to try and grow mine out a bit. We'll see how long I last.

noludoru

Bored Now.
I'm just stuck on the part where it's going to take 2+ years to get to that point. I want it long NAO.

I want this developing mullet to go away, too. But I promised not to cut it. :eek: Besides the potential mullet, the it's awesome. I have muppet hair. Not using shampoo and constantly oiling it has made it curly as ****.

BERG - how long is your hair now?

Members online

No members online now.