Limphomas

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
A few years ago, I noticed a little lump in Fozzie's armpit. Two years later, it grew to the size of half a baseball! His Vet aspirated it, and found out it was a benign fatty tumor. He had to get it surgically removed, because his leg rubbed it. :( Fozzie was only 7 then, he's 8 now. Gonzo is 14 and has never had a lump of any kind! That alone makes me think it has to be largely genetic, as they eat, exercise and live identical lives.

Well, right after that surgery, I noticed a little lump in the center of his chest. It's grown slightly in the past year and I DO NOT want it to get any bigger. My poor little dude was miserable after that surgery, and I'll avoid putting him through that as much as I can.

Has anyone successfully stopped growth or shrunken a tumor on their dogs? Does feeding raw help? I noticed that the first tumor started growing rapidly once I stopped feeding raw, so I definitely want to get him back on that, and get him as lean as possible! Any other suggestions?

Barb04

Super Moderator
This info was given to me by Renee awhile back:

Renee750il

Felurian

Here's an exerpt from the note to Barb that started the Essiac discussion telling her of my experiences with Essiac tea:

If you can find some Essiac at a health food store or an herb shop, get it in the tea form and brew a decoction (actually keep it at a simmer for 20-30 minutes - after it cools, put it in a glass or plastic container and refrigerate it) - enough for five or six days at a time - and get it down CJ, about 1/4 cup a day for a dog her size. I've seen it do miraculous things for dogs and humans. She won't drink it straight, probably, but might if you put some honey in it if she likes sweets, or even mix it up soupy into some sort of food she likes that has a strong flavor. Bear drank it for me straight with just telling him it was good for him and he needed it - but Bear was really, well, Bear. He had a tumor in his leg - forget the name of them - but they're common in large, muscular dogs. They couldn't get it all out surgically because grew down deep into the tissues. It felt like a large spider. Within six weeks of putting him on the Essiac it was completely gone.

My Dad was one of those kids who was treated with radiation for ear infections years ago, and he ended up with some cancer in the roof of his mouth. They found some spots on his lungs as well. The doctor scheduled surgery three weeks after finding it; the surgery was planned to remove part of the bone in the roof of his mouth and rebuild it, along with a good portion of his teeth on one side. In the meantime, Mom and I made him drink the Essiac.

Last edited:

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Thank you!!! I'll order some essiac tea asap. Have you tried it, Barb? I hope it doesn't taste too nasty... Fozz has become a food snob. Shocking for a Corgi! Lol

Barb04

Super Moderator
At the time, I was able to add it into CJ's food.

My friend's husband (a human) takes it for prostate cancer and has had great results. He drinks it on a daily basis and doesn't mind the taste.

Members online

No members online now.