Trick of the week: Jump through hoop!

SaraB

This week's trick is jump through a hoop! There are a couple variations of this, so you can either try one or all of them.

Variation #1: Jump through a hula hoop.

Variation #2: Go through a hula hoop that is laying on the ground. In this one, the dog needs to maneuver the hoop upright enough to be able to move their body through it.

Variation #3: Jump through handler's arms that are held in a hoop. This one should be easy for the people who trained jump over my arms from the previous week's trick!

Variation #4: Rebound through a hoop. This one includes the dog performing a chest rebound through the handler's arms that are in the shape of a hoop. This can be seen in the video below at 0:25.
[YOUTUBE]NjjBxYor3B0[/YOUTUBE]

Ready.... set... go!!

Maxy24

I need to find a hoop!

I think I'm going to try and teach both Tucker and Phoebe. Though Phoebe won't really be jumping, maybe a little hop lol. Then again I don't know how much of a jumper Tucker is either. She's much quicker to learn though, or used to be. It'll be interesting to compare them.

Yay!!

Also, my jump over the arm trick has degraded into rebound off my face. Not ok with this.

I think I'm going to try to have her jump through my arms since I don't have a hula hoop. This should be fun. :)

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Not sure what variation I'm going to do yet, but jumping is Cricket's thing so I'm going to definitely do this with her.

What variation do you think would be better for Joey? He's taller, super long, super leggy... Super awkward...

DenoLo

I'm going to try hoop on the ground with munchkin and hoop arms with Lucy. The vaulting thing looks awesome but probably way beyond us.

Sekah

The Monster.
This one felt relatively easy to teach. The dog doesn't need to do much actual learning once they have a chest vault. I'm pretty sure all I need to do is flail my arms a bit. It looks pretty sleek though. Or it will with a little more polish.

[YOUTUBE]PQhxhwxvL44[/YOUTUBE]

PS. I love that my dog works so hard for kibble. Dummy.

Last edited:

SaraB

This one felt relatively easy to teach. The dog doesn't need to do much actual learning once they have a chest vault. I'm pretty sure all I need to do is flail my arms a bit. It looks pretty sleek though. Or it will with a little more polish.

[YOUTUBE]PQhxhwxvL44[/YOUTUBE]

PS. I love that my dog works so hard for kibble. Dummy.
Love it!!

And yup, one of those fancy tricks that looks far more complicated than it actually is. The video of Zinga was her first session attempting this.

Cohen looks great! Already looking super smooth without any work. Though, I'm just as impressed with the fact that you have heels on and are doing it as I am with Cohen!

Here's are starting point with Didgie. It's not as smooth as I want it to be, mostly my fault. And I need to get out of the habit of hitting my hip. There are a couple without the ring in there so just ignore those!

[YOUTUBE]tbzpSJsls0Y[/YOUTUBE]

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Well now I want a chest vault with Payton.
Because, you know, more bruises are always fun.

Linds said:
Though, I'm just as impressed with the fact that you have heels on and are doing it as I am with Cohen!
Totally what I noticed too!!

k9krazee

Cohen looks great! Already looking super smooth without any work. Though, I'm just as impressed with the fact that you have heels on and are doing it as I am with Cohen!
Hahaha..So much this! You two look great! :)

Here's are starting point with Didgie. It's not as smooth as I want it to be, mostly my fault. And I need to get out of the habit of hitting my hip. There are a couple without the ring in there so just ignore those!
I love Didgie <3

Members online