Facebook rant...

MicksMom

Can you take a screenshot? I can't view that checkpoint page... when I click the link it just takes me to my feed page.
Well, I'm not too tech savvy, so I copy & pasted the contents of the page here. This is from the first link:Log Out..
Please complete a security check.
Security checks help keep Facebook trustworthy and free of spam.
Use a phone to verify your account

The phone number you use can only verify one account. Once you enter your number, you'll receive a code that you'll be able to enter on Facebook to verify your account. Your phone number will only be used to verify your account and will not be shared with anyone without your consent.

Enter a phone number

Please click the button below to continue.

Why am I seeing this?..
Facebook © 2012 · English (US)Mobile · Find Friends · Badges · People · Pages · About · Advertising · Create a Page · Developers · Careers · Privacy · Terms · Help.

From the second link:
Please complete a security check.
You have not successfully confirmed a phone number. Please try again.
Security checks help keep Facebook trustworthy and free of spam.
Use a phone to verify your account

The phone number you use can only verify one account. Once you enter your number, you'll receive a code that you'll be able to enter on Facebook to verify your account. Your phone number will only be used to verify your account and will not be shared with anyone without your consent.

Enter a phone number

Please click the button below to continue.

Why am I seeing this?.
Facebook © 2012 · English (US)Mobile · Find Friends · Badges · People · Pages · About · Advertising · Create a Page · Developers · Careers · Privacy · Terms · Help

On both links, there is a "Continue" button. Clicking it brings me to the page from the second link. Oh- when you enter a telephone number, you can check "call me" or "text me", so we entered our land line. Which just brought up a page that says basically there are too many people requesting codes at this time. After a couple of times, we got a message that we requested too many codes in a short period of time and to please try again in a couple of days.
All the reasons on the CNN link for Facebook doing this don't even apply to me- I don't access FB from my phone, nor do I have a smart phone (or want one), so there's no shopping, etc from it, either.

Xandra

When hotmail asked me it was because my account had been infiltrated by a spammer. I could only re-access it by giving them my phone number. They may be what happened to your facebook account.

MicksMom

When hotmail asked me it was because my account had been infiltrated by a spammer. I could only re-access it by giving them my phone number. They may be what happened to your facebook account.
Hubby already looked into that. From what I've been able to find on line, it's just a matter of time before everyone has been asked to verify their account this way. I understand verifying the account, I just don't like the idea that I HAVE to do it with my cell phone. If they can't/won't do it via email, fine, then call my landline. Especially since one of the options I had when supplying a phone number was a call.

Members online

No members online now.