Victor is a Golden Goose

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
He collected a hundred and 12 dollars last night trick or treating for the humane society at the Plaza Art Fair. It was a wall of people, so many that he and i were both shocked, but we were there, and we were going to give it a go. Long long story short. I lost the car. I could find it no where and with Hyia after 10 pm i was in a panic. WE called for help, help came, we stiill couldn't find the car and i had my friend take me to my Mom's where i could borrow her car and find it in the morning. I was so afraid it had been towed or stolen. I will spare you all the details but it was a freak thing. THere are two of the street we were on, and we were turned around, and one ran parallel,,,you prolly got the picture. One tired woman, one tired little girl, one very tired VIctor. Got to ride the police golf cart and still couldn't find it tho we were on "Summit".
WE went back today to trick or treat again but the Humane Society hadn't shown up to work their booth and so we had no one to varify who we were so we went to the CLay GUild booth and taught hand building to children for 4 hours. He still got Big crowd experience. This is a very strained down version of what we went through. AT one point in my frustration we were sitting in front of a closed Mcdonalds (i do not have a cell phone) trying to figure out where in the world a pay phone exists anymore, Victor at my feet, his bucket next to him and someone dropped money in it, i think they thought we were homeless. Crazy.

I will send the money in this week with a note to the HS that if they can get us clearance with the Plaza we will still go back the month of OCT 5 days, one half hour each. If they can't we will find some place else to go. THat is the very best for dog friendly fund raising tho. SHame they weren't there today. We prolly would have made that much more.

Victor was touched, petted, talked to, approached, fingers just reached out to him as we walked by without exageration a thousand people. BEcause he had on his PTL vest people know he is ok to touch. THey don't ask, they just do. I was amazed at how many fingers i saw reach out to him as we worked our way through a wall of people. He did very very well. HE was quite ready to go home last night, we all were. I was never so glad to see my nose printed hairy seated car in my whole life as i was this morning when i found it.

bubbatd

Awwww Smkie , what a wonderful ending to a horrible evening !! Maybe you were meant to " lose " your car ! Bless you and dear Victor !!! Wish that he was here next month for our Down Syndrome collections !!!!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
WE would do that GRammy. He has to be willing to do this. I am not going to force him to carry his bucket and believe me when he is done he is done. That's ok. I will glady carry his bucket for him. A half hour is what he is willing to do and that's just dandy by me too. SO we figured one length of the fair and when we got to the end we were done. It's not easy to do.

He had a number of obnoxious unexperienced dogs jump right in his face, including a boxer and a great dane. THis is out of nowhere too, legs legs legs BIG DOG legs..REALLy big dog, that dane was a horse.

no dog should be down there that behaves the way these did. Not in a crowd situation like that. But there were some very well behaved animals too, we passed like ships in the night. No eye contact. Polite like it is suppose to be.

ACooper

Good job! and glad the car turned up safe and sound!

Isn't there a movie like that? ROFL...."Dude, where's my car?" hahahaha

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I have gotten the parking garages mixed up, they all look a lot alike down there and there are many of them but i have never in my life lost the freaking car before

We looked for hours. THere were two summits. WE knew it was on summit, straight up. IT was awful. We were on summit, even the golf cart police coudln't didn't think the south side. IT Breaks up.

bubbatd

I didn't want to hi-jack before but I had a LONG dream the other night about looking for my car !!!! I was worn out when I woke up !

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
that's a nightmare grammy with no cell phone it's bad.

wishbone

So sad with what happened to the car...

But Victor was so amazing, he must be so proud of himself being touched by thousands of fingers...

Members online

No members online now.