New 4 yr old mixed breed aggressive towards 11 yr lab

We have a wonderful sweet neutered lab - Jett, who is 11. We decided to adopt another dog -a 4 year old neutered male - 40 lb mixed breed (corgi, shepherd, spaniel mix... not too sure) named Waffle. We took both Jett & Waffle for a walk at a park to test the waters, and all seemed well... no nasty behavior. The next day, Waffle came home with us. A short while after being together, Waffle attacked our Jett. After that, they passed each other often in the house - without incident... We've now had Waffle for 3 days and every day, they go past each other without incident, then, out of the blue, Waffle will go over to Jett and start something! My husband even took them both for a walk and they were fine... but in the house, it's a gamble.

I'm afraid my gentle giant will suffer - or maybe become aggressive - I don't want him to stress (he's been an "only child" his whole life)- he's our angel... BUT, this little Waffle is so sweet, aside from his nasty attacks - and I couldn't bare to send him back to the SPCA - and give up... do I have hope?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Lisa

bubbatd

I hope that Jett puts the nasty little punk in it's place !! Unless it looks like they'd draw blood let them work it out. My daughter's in-laws have a toy poodle who thinks she owns the world. When she's visiting and I go over with Chip, that little runt is constantly yapping and nipping at him. He puts up with it, but it drives me crazy !!

Members online

No members online now.