Here's what a balanced, enzyme rich raw food diet does

He's the healthiest dog with the best demeanor of all I meet every day. But when I found him wandering a deserted highway by himself in a snowstorm two years ago, the opposite was true.

He was irritable and hyperactive with brown teeth and discolored gums, overweight at 110 lbs. with fat deposits covering his body and allergies that made him scratch so much he would bleed, his paws were raw from gnawing at them. His eyes were cloudy, giving an aura of life without purpose. Did I mention he was also diabetic...?

Obviously he was being fed a terrible kibble diet, most likely containing little or no meat and full of grains, corn, wheat and soy with loads of starch and by-products thrown in... a typical garbage, dangerous and unhealthy veterinarian/grocery store brand like Hills Prescription, Royal Canin, Science Diet, Purina, Pedigree, Ol' Roy, Iams, Eukanuba, etc.

I put him on a balanced and complete raw meat diet and the transformation was immediate.
His irritability and hyperactivity are things of the past and he's now the favorite of children and other dogs alike, with intelligence and a personality that separates him from the rest.

The allergies, gnawing and scratching vanished, his teeth are now whiter than mine and his gums are a bright red with muscle now replacing the fat that previously covered his body. His eyes (one brown and one blue) are clear, lucid and full of life. Did I mention he now weighs 73 lbs. and his diabetes disappeared into thin air...!

His daily diet is split into two feedings and takes just 5 minutes to make: 1 lb. pound of raw chicken or beef, 1/4 pound of raw organ meats (combination of chicken hearts, chicken gizzards, chicken liver, beef kidneys & beef liver), two raw eggs, one raw, meaty beef rib for his teeth, two omega krill oil capsules and a multivitamin with a few chopped up veggies ever once in a while. Everything bought at the grocery store for under $3/day and I’ll never, ever have to treat him for any food-related illness or disease (remember, up to 90% of illness and disease leading to premature death is totally related to diet!).

No annual vaccinations + feeding a species-appropriate diet = Healthiest Cats/Dogs = No vet visits = Unhappy Vets, AVMA & AAHA = Happiest Cats/Dogs = Happiest Pet Parents!
Bon chance. Roger Biduk

This. You should feed whatever works best for your dog and your family.
Hello CaliTerp07 and AdrianneIsabel,

What works best for any animal is feeding them a species/biologically appropriate diet or one that resembles one, meaning what they've been eating for the last 40 million years or so.
And when it comes to dogs (carnivores) and cats (obligate carnivores) that means meat, not kibble that contains little or no meat, such as most of the grocery store or veterinarian sold pet foods.

Nothing, nothing is more important to our pets than the ingredients in the food we give them.
Some of the most well-known holistic veterinarians have said that 90% of the ingredients in pet foods are "inappropriate" and 90% of illness and disease are food-related.
Best regards, Roger Biduk.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Hello CaliTerp07 and AdrianneIsabel,

What works best for any animal is feeding them a species/biologically appropriate diet or one that resembles one, meaning what they've been eating for the last 40 million years or so.
And when it comes to dogs (carnivores) and cats (obligate carnivores) that means meat, not kibble that contains little or no meat, such as most of the grocery store or veterinarian sold pet foods.

Nothing, nothing is more important to our pets than the ingredients in the food we give them.
Some of the most well-known holistic veterinarians have said that 90% of the ingredients in pet foods are "inappropriate" and 90% of illness and disease are food-related.
Best regards, Roger Biduk.
Ok seriously. Why do you still post here if this is all you have to contribute to this forum over and over and over again? You are preaching to the **** choir here. We already KNOW that raw is a great diet. We know. We know. We KNOW. We get it dude so give it a freaking rest already. No one is really going to want to take you seriously around here unless you start actually participating in other discussions on the board that are NOT just food related. All of your posts are the same **** thing and I swear I think you only joined this forum to serve your own agenda. No? Then prove us otherwise.

End rant

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
My cat is on a raw diet and he looks amazing!!!! Silky coat, nice strong white teeth, etc.

But.... My dogs are on a kibble diet and I get commented on their coats all the time.

Taqroy

My dogs look better than yours and they eat kibble. 0.o

lol
You know, that's a good point. Murphy was shiny and soft on Purina, he's more shiny and soft on Taste of the Wild, and on raw he's about the same (but minus the death breath). And all three of my dogs on kibble look better than the picture in the OP.

He's the healthiest dog with the best demeanor of all I meet every day
Interestingly, all three of my dogs are perfectly healthy despite one being on crap food for her first year, one being on who-knows-what for his first 4 and crap food for the next 2, and the other being on who-knows-what for her first 2 years. And Mu's demeanor (which frankly is NOT the best lol) hasn't changed a bit on raw.

Feeding raw isn't miracle fix and it irritates the hell out of me when people pretend like it is.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
This shows a pretty pisspoor understanding of biology. 40 million years? Evolution is a modern occurrence too.

I have a feeling that an obese stray I found on a deserted highway in a snowstorm would look better 2 years later no matter what I fed it. :p

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
Ohhhhh lordy. Not this again. :rolleyes:

I feed raw. I love raw. Four of my five dogs (and both of my cats) do great on raw. BUT.... not everyone has the time, space, or money to feed raw... and there's nothing wrong with that. Unless you are going to pay for other people to feed raw, then IMO you need to leave them alone.

Some dogs cannot eat raw... like my corgi. I tried, I really really tried, but I ended up with a very sick dog and had to go back to kibble.

Here's an exerpt from a blog post I wrote a few months ago. I think it applies.

This is another part of the "raw feeding subculture" that makes me shake my head and sigh. We all have slightly different opinions on how to feed raw - some feed partial raw, some feed pre-made commercial raw, some people feed ground, some people feed prey model, some people supplement with fruits and/or veggie mixes, some people are comfortable giving weight-bearing bones, some people feed fur-on carcasses, some people feed expired meat from the grocery store, some people only feed human-grade meat, some people give vitamin and/or oil supplements.

... and some people are real asses to folks who don't feed raw exactly the way they do, or heaven forbid feed kibble. I apologize in advance if someone throws a hissy fit because you're not doing it the same way they're doing it. They're your dogs - it's your decision. I personally do not feed veggies or weight bearing bones from large animals. Some of what I feed is ground. Some of what I feed is not labeled for human consumption. I occasionally give my dogs raw goats-milk as a treat. There are people who do not like how I feed my dogs, and that's fine.

Last edited:

Saeleofu

You know, that's a good point. Murphy was shiny and soft on Purina, he's more shiny and soft on Taste of the Wild, and on raw he's about the same (but minus the death breath). And all three of my dogs on kibble look better than the picture in the OP.
My dogs look better than the OP's dog, too. And both are on kibble. Gavroche is even on a grain-inclusive kibble at the moment :yikes:

I'd love to feed raw, but I can't because of space issues (and feeding raw by going to the grocery store every other day is way too expensive, and in my opinion doesn't offer enough variety to do it well). Some day, yes, my dogs will be raw fed. Until that day comes, they do well on high-quality kibble.

SizzleDog

Lord Cynical
I have to admit, the OP's dog isn't what I'd consider to be the poster child for raw either - could just be that the dog isn't groomed, but... just my personal opinion. :)

CharlieDog

Rude and Not Ginger
Lol @ Adrianne.

My dogs look better than that anyway, though I think that coat needs a thorough brushing more than anything.

Ivy

The picture is a crappy quality one so the dog may look better in person.

Who cares if the op posts only about nutrition? Why does he have to participate in all the other threads? Is it some sort of "pre-requisite" of Chaz to be involved in everything here?

If you don't like that the op only posts about nutrition, don't participate in his threads. Creating such stink over nothing.

Saeleofu

The picture is a crappy quality one so the dog may look better in person.

Who cares if the op posts only about nutrition? Why does he have to participate in all the other threads? Is it some sort of "pre-requisite" of Chaz to be involved in everything here?

If you don't like that the op only posts about nutrition, don't participate in his threads. Creating such stink over nothing.
It's not that he only posts about nutrition. It's that he only posts THE EXACT SAME THING over and over and over again.

Lyzelle

It's not that he only posts about nutrition. It's that he only posts THE EXACT SAME THING over and over and over again.
This. It's more of a spamming or trolling than an actual member posting and participating in the community. It's like a sales ad. Over and over and over.

Members online

No members online now.