People that can't pronounce their breed name.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
or better yet blue "healer"... must be some kind of doggy prophet :/ or shapord also something else is usually misspelled in the add like "Gorgeous" such & such puppies. or they will misspell "registered".

now i know I'm not the best at spelling & punctuation, but thats what they make spell check & dictionaries for :/ if i was doing an ad where i was trying to sell something, i would make **** sure everything was spelled right.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
I have a client with an Australian shelpie, not a mix, not a sheltie, not an Australian shepherd. It's common in Singapore and they rescued it before the pythons ate it in the jungle.

Anyone have any idea where they are coming from?

I'm guessing its a cross between the two and they were sold a story.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
I have a client with an Australian shelpie, not a mix, not a sheltie, not an Australian shepherd. It's common in Singapore and they rescued it before the pythons ate it in the jungle.

Anyone have any idea where they are coming from?

I'm guessing its a cross between the two and they were sold a story.
Google says Shepherd X Kelpies are often called Shelpies. Google also says Australian Sheepdogs.

Whatever it is, there are a lot of people who claim to have Australian Shelpies...

stafinois

Professional Nerd
Yes. And I've never had a reasonably intelligent Belgian owner (even "pet people") not know how to respond to the "What type?" question. They're like, "Oh, a Tervuren! Oh, a Groenendael!" and just really impressed that somebody knew enough to ask. LOL. This lady was like, "What kind of a dumb question is that?"

I know a lot of Belgian people who refer to the Groenendaels as "black dogs." Tervs, Malis, Laekens, and black dogs :p

As far as pronunciation goes, I've always heard it pronounced GROON-en-dahl.

milos_mommy

I know a lot of Belgian people who refer to the Groenendaels as "black dogs." Tervs, Malis, Laekens, and black dogs :p

As far as pronunciation goes, I've always heard it pronounced GROON-en-dahl.
For some reason throughout this whole thread I was switching laekenois and groenendaels in my head, and when I read "black dogs" I'm like "why....they're....not...black...they're...curly....OH WAIT" :cool:

SpringerLover

For some reason throughout this whole thread I was switching laekenois and groenendaels in my head, and when I read "black dogs" I'm like "why....they're....not...black...they're...curly....OH WAIT" :cool:
Well, they can be black but they aren't usually. There were 2 b/t laekens born... seven?! years ago now. I was on a forum with their breeder at the time and it was kind of interesting... it apparently happens more in black dogs than in any other color (well, a black/tan terv would just be a black/tan groen so I guess I mean groens and malis).

milos_mommy

Well, they can be black but they aren't usually. There were 2 b/t laekens born... seven?! years ago now. I was on a forum with their breeder at the time and it was kind of interesting... it apparently happens more in black dogs than in any other color (well, a black/tan terv would just be a black/tan groen so I guess I mean groens and malis).
I've seen B/t ones before, but never all black..either way it wouldn't make sense for people to refer to laekenois as "black dogs" in general.

stafinois

Professional Nerd

Yes, it was a Middle Earth litter. There are a couple of pics of River on this page. And hey, a familiar guy named Balto as well :)

http://www.belgianlaekenoisclub.us/Brags 2008.htm

RD

Are you dead yet?
When I was more involved with Papillons I got people who called them Puh-pill-ions. There's not even two "I"s in "Papillon".

Border collies are easier. And mutt is pretty easy to pronounce.

Members online

No members online now.