steve @ 9 months

elegy

overdogged
ok so he's not really changing much anymore, but i still can't believe he's 9 months old already.

yes, really this is just an excuse to post pictures of my puppy.

i has merle eyeballs.

go speedracer

he loves to grab this tug toy and race around with it and spin. i haven't figured out how he hasn't killerated himself with it yet. he whacks himself hard enough that it makes him yelp and then he runs to me for protection against that vicious tug toy. dork.

i had a bunch of pictures of him when he was a baby printed on snapfish and they came today. i can't believe he was so little once upon a time.

~Tucker&Me~

Elegy, is Steve neutered?

I THOUGHT Spy was done growing around that time (in terms of obvious growth, not plates etc.) but there was still a lot left to go. At about a year and a half he had his full coat and up until he was about 2 his 'mane' continued to grow.

However, every dog is different! :)

chanda

its been a while since i last saw some new pictures of your dog... and he's still cute... keep posting.

~Tucker&Me~

Haha oh if that is the case, expect more fur! I think you will like it, him and Spy appear to have a similar coat (though of different colour). In terms of length and thickness Spy was very similar at that age. He rarely sheds though so if you are lucky Steve will be the same!

Pssh I hope you have a lot of patience. Spy is two and a half and I am still waiting for the brains :rofl1:

elegy

overdogged
Haha oh if that is the case, expect more fur! I think you will like it, him and Spy appear to have a similar coat (though of different colour). In terms of length and thickness Spy was very similar at that age. He rarely sheds though so if you are lucky Steve will be the same!
steve sheds like it's his job!

AgilityPup

Agility freak!
Awww. He's so handsome. I love him.

*plugs ears* No, no, no, no, no! I refuse to acknowledge that my 8 month old puppy here may grow anymore! (Though I'd be okay in the hair dep).

elegy

overdogged
i'm taking him to see his breeder at a flyball tournament next weekend so i'll ask her how much she thinks he'll grow yet and how much more coat she thinks he'll get. both his parents are pretty light-coated, so hopefully not a whole lot.

i'm hoping he won't do anything humiliate me in public and make me look like a bad mommy :p

AllieMackie

Wookie Collie
STEVIE

He looks great! I am totally Steve-biased. Those ears crack me up. <3 How is his training coming along? Finnegan's one month younger and we're still having to work REALLY hard on basic focus work.

elegy

overdogged
we haven't been doing much of anything for the past month. he's got lovely focus here and there (i mean on me, not the ball. ha!) but he's crazy reactive to other dogs running/playing (how dare anybody have fun without him??!!).

i expect the focus will come with maturity.

we should be starting foundations agility again in a couple weeks (i haven't gotten confirmation yet) and that will be mostly me doing Control Unleashed stuff with him- self-control and focus work (while everybody else gets to do stuff that he probably already knows because i've probably already taught it to him at home) because that's what he needs.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I don't think you need excuses to post pictures of STeve. I love to see him any time. He is growing up so fast!!!!

Zoom

Twin 2.0
i'm taking him to see his breeder at a flyball tournament next weekend so i'll ask her how much she thinks he'll grow yet and how much more coat she thinks he'll get. both his parents are pretty light-coated, so hopefully not a whole lot.

i'm hoping he won't do anything humiliate me in public and make me look like a bad mommy :p
I love his coat now!

And just expect to get humiliated. After all, he's a Merle Monster. It's just part and parcel of the whole package.

And remember, you have a herding Merle Monster--fun isn't allowed unless they say so! Sawyer does the same thing...not quite as bad as he used to be, but it took until he was, oh, 4 1/2...good luck!

Members online

No members online now.