The musing thread

Upendi&Mina

Mainstreme Elitist
I do that, too! I think it's brilliant.

I am also the person who, when I realized we were out of toilet paper, said "Fine, I will get the toilet paper. LIKE AN ADULT." At least my roomie is amused by the ridiculous stuff that I say.
YES.

I'm glad I'm not the only one, and I totally point out when I do real adult things.

JessLough

Love My Mutt
Sometimes I feel like I'm not a real adult. Example a) I use a dry erase board to keep myself organized. My work schedule and everything on my 'to do list' gets switched out weekly while important events for the month like appointments go on the bottom. I feel like there is a more adult way of going about this.
If it makes you feel any better, I use a chalk board. :lol-sign:

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Poor Michael is going to start using email to communicate with me while he's at A-school. He hates to email. And I am probably going to want to poke my eyes out by the time I'm done reading his emails because of his horrible typing/computer grammar skills. :rofl1:

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
Funnel cloud in Pierce County (western washington) ....hmm......I've decided the end of the world has begun.

We are having severe winds and I keep telling myself "There's no tornado's in Washington, why would you worry?" LOL :rofl1: Thanks Washington.

Saeleofu

Funnel cloud in Pierce County (western washington) ....hmm......I've decided the end of the world has begun.

We are having severe winds and I keep telling myself "There's no tornado's in Washington, why would you worry?" LOL :rofl1: Thanks Washington.
Holy ****. I used to live in pierce county. I thought I moved INTO tornado alley, not out of it!

*blackrose

The good news: Michael and I will be getting married when he is home for two weeks over Christmas. :)

The bad news: A-school is going to be longer than anticipated (end of March), he will get next to no liberty on the weekends due to scheduling, and when he has graduated from A-school he is immediately flying to wherever he is receiving his ECS training without passing Go or collecting $200. Thank God from what I've managed to gather that it is only a 4 week intensive course. Although knowing our luck, he'll be in limbo for about two months before he's able to complete it. *grumble grumble grumble*

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Message from guy. "My name is so-and-so." Paragraph of text telling me about himself. No acknowledgement that he read my profile at all except to mention he comes to my town to watch university football games.

I'm tempted to send him back nothing but "My name is Beanie. I like to dance."

(I'm pretty sure 99% of you won't get this.)

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
Message from guy. "My name is so-and-so." Paragraph of text telling me about himself. No acknowledgement that he read my profile at all except to mention he comes to my town to watch university football games.

I'm tempted to send him back nothing but "My name is Beanie. I like to dance."

(I'm pretty sure 99% of you won't get this.)
oh god this. im on okcupid and the percentage of messages i get that are not even reply-to-able is staggering. its either "hi im jake" and nothing else, or "cheesy pick up line and generic youre so hot statement. invite to hook up on a date. im into XYZ that you clearly state you dont want on your profile which i didnt read" especially the hookup requests annoy me. what part of "i am asexual" did you happen to miss, on my profile? if you cant be arsed to read a few short fun paragraphs about me, why should i want to meet you?

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
Ok, Im curious, if you are asexual, why are you on a dating site?
I might be wrong, but there's more to companionship and relationships than sex :D I think asexual means doesn't want sex, but doesn't rule out companionship.... I might be wrong. I am not asexual!

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Asexual does not mean not interested in the love part of a relationship...just not the sexy stuff , and even then there are varying degrees.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
Ahahaha. Actually I'm pretty sure he did read my profile. He just seemed to think the way to start a conversation was to tell me about himself and then instruct me to ask if I had any questions about him.
And said nothing about me.
And didn't ask about me.

It was more of a dictation than a conversation (starter.)

Although he did apparently miss where it said I don't want kids because he "definitely" wants kids. But that's such a tiny little insignificant detail. Not a deal-breaker in relationships at all ever.

As an aside if you don't want creepy creepers sending you e-mail propositioning sex you probably shouldn't be on OKCupid because that's pretty much 99% of the entire website.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
oh god this. im on okcupid and the percentage of messages i get that are not even reply-to-able is staggering. its either "hi im jake" and nothing else, or "cheesy pick up line and generic youre so hot statement. invite to hook up on a date. im into XYZ that you clearly state you dont want on your profile which i didnt read" especially the hookup requests annoy me. what part of "i am asexual" did you happen to miss, on my profile? if you cant be arsed to read a few short fun paragraphs about me, why should i want to meet you?
I am willing to venture that they don't actually know what Asexual means. they probably think they know... hence why they are messaging for hookups but are very misled on what it ACTUALLY means

Saeleofu

You can date and not have sex. There are tons of asexual people who are happily married...they just don't have sex (and some actually do experiment with sex, thye just don't usually enjoy it).

There's even an asexual-only dating site.

A lot of people don't understand that for those of us who are asexual, romance and sex are two completely different things. I'm asexual and panromantic. Someday I may find a person I'd like to date or have a close relationship with, even though sex is not a part of the picture.

Ahahaha. Actually I'm pretty sure he did read my profile. He just seemed to think the way to start a conversation was to tell me about himself and then instruct me to ask if I had any questions about him.
And said nothing about me.
And didn't ask about me.
I'd bet money that guy's on the autism spectrum somewhere. Because that's pretty much how I handled dating sites for my little dating site stint :rofl1:

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
I met my boyfriend on Okcupid! Lol I guess it varies by region.. being in Boston, the site is nearly 100% college aged-people.. and I'd easily say 70% are looking for relationships.

I mean finding someone to hookup with in Boston isnt that hard (certainly easier than making a profile).. go to the bar nearest your/another university. Get drunk. Wait. so the site has sort of taken the rest of the crowd who are interested in more than that (and those who don't like bars I guess lol)

Again though, I'm sure it depends on region. I couldn't be happier with the results!
My boyfriend was one of quite a few message I received. Most were pretty sincere/nice, a few creepos, a few random "hey sexy", a few oddballs who I assume didn't read my profile..

he was the first one I replied to because his message was the longest and it stuck with me while reading the others (and I thought he was cute) We hit it off and I deleted the profile soon after.

There is hope on Okcupid!

tldr: met boyfriend on Okcupid. He is hot and his message was long (he said Merlin was cute) so I dated him and ditched the profile.

*blackrose

Hmmmm. Skyping was not as fulfilling as I had hoped. Just made me miss actually being able to touch him more. But, I suppose being able to see his goofy grin was rather nice. ^^ December, please hurry up!

Fran101

Resident fainting goat
Hmmmm. Skyping was not as fulfilling as I had hoped. Just made me miss actually being able to touch him more. But, I suppose being able to see his goofy grin was rather nice. ^^ December, please hurry up!
Skype hurts like hell.
Honestly, we have taken to email/facebook chat 100 times more than skype.
Facetime is also fun if one of us is somewhere interesting.
but having just regular conversations/dates on skype just..ugh. It goes from regular funny nice conversations and quickly turns into "I miss you." "I miss you too" then I start crying, then he wants to comfort me, then I cry more because he can't. Or he's having a bad day and wants to be home and I'm like "I WANT TO HUG YOU BUT I CAN'T" and I get really mad.

*look away children*

In case you haven't tried..skype sex also sucks. I just..don't see the allure. I'm so focused on camera angles and stuff I can't even deal with what I'm trying to accomplish lol at the end of it, it's two frustrated people and inevitably turns into, on both sides "UGH I'M NAKED YOU'RE NAKED WHY CAN'T WE JUST TELEPORT AND HAVE SEX FOR REAL THIS SUCKS WHYYYYYY"
At least with phone sex I can focus on what I'm doing.
and at least with pictures/snapchat I can edit the pictures! LOL

Plus you've gotta shave your legs/bits even though he's gone which is such a waste honestly. ITS JUST NOT WORTH IT

Members online

No members online now.