FLEA help/rant...

Dreeza

Argggg, I am so angry right now...I need to rant + I have some legit questions about fleas.

Oakley started showing signs of fleas a few weeks ago...but i only found one total...anyways, my roomie kept mentioning how her bf's dog (& her dog) would get them whenever they went to his parent's house & how they were no big deal, blah blah...

Anyways, I do believe the time Oakley started showing signs was correlated with a time when they came back from his parents house...but whatever, i didn't say anything.

We all bathed our dogs in flea shampoo...everyone seemed fine except Oakley...his hair is so freaking thick I just don't think it got through OR, they just keeping jumping on him from some outside source (yes, he is on flea/tick prevention)

ANYWAYS, I just took him to a place to get yet ANOTHER bath & they had a flea comb (which i didnt even know existed)...i pulled a total of SIX fleas of him...and I found that gross (& found the brush amazing)...so i bought one.

I come home & show my roomie & just jokingly (seriously, totally innocently), say "lets try this on Leo"...in ONE swipe, i got TWO fleas...

So i started being like "ewww, Leo, you're dirty, you have fleas" & my roomie got SO mad...she is like "he JUST got a bath, he is not dirty"...anyways...I continued to tell her that I consider fleas kinda dirty...and she (the QUEEN of arguing) just goes "i'm done talking about this with you...he is NOT dirty"

What. The. F****.

Leo is CONSTANTLY in our house....he clearly doesn't give a crap that he has fleas all over him...Oakley is the one constantly biting/scratching & suffering.

I am so fuming angry right now...how could she not have instantly wanted to brush him down & get them all out????

Is Oakley's prob EVER gonna go away if I have a dog that is covered with fleas??? UGh, and they are going back to his parent's house this weekend, so its just only going to get worse.

Dreeza

ughh, you can move this to the firehydrant, cause its turning into just a rant...

She just left...w/out saying bye or anything...I dont know WHY she got so freaking worked up. The dogs are seriously driving a wedge into our friendship...she is supposed to be my best friend...

Anyways, I obviously immediately went & combed leo...pulled at least 15-20 fleas off him. (for any who have paid super close attn to my other threads...no, leo is not HER dog, he is her bf's dog...for some reason they decided to switch dogs this week though...)

And as if I wasn't p*ssed enough...she left leo w/a rawhide...which he is NOT supposed to have unsupervised cause he has choked on them MORE than once. Omg, i could strangle her right now

It sounds like you and your roomate may need a little break from each other. I think she is being that way about the fleas out of spite or something. I love my best friend dearly since childhood, but I don't think we could room together for real long!

What sort of flea perventative is he on? Depending on how long this has been going on the fleas could be becoming immune to it. If I recall correctly fleas are more likely to become immune to the ones that sterilize them over the one that kill them on contact however they can quite quickly become immune to either one and even flea shampoo.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
What is your flea preventative? Not all are created equal. Only some actually kill all flea stages. Cider's gotten fleas a few times. Last time was from the vets office.. I flip out and immediately wash the dogs in dawn. Cider used to be on sentinal for flea and hw. Only it only sterilizes adult fleas if I remember. Lets little ones grow up still. Eww.

Dreeza

blech, I think he is on k9 advantix (i dont have the box in front of me). I think it might only kill them if they bit him.

Oh, and according to this holistic pet place I went this morning...we have super fleas that don't die, haha. Apparently its a HUGE issue down here (charleston, sc) cause she said most dogs have 'em.

Poor lil Oakley must be allergic to them

Members online

No members online now.