shoe thief

V

Van_canucks

i have a 11 month old catahoula hound (louisana) my question is when i take off my shoes and when i go to put them back on i always find one missing and if i look in the backyard thats where i find it. My dog does not chew on it or anything just likes to take one outside, The problem if it is raining then i have one wet shoe, i know i should put them away so she cannot get at it, but why the shoe fetish for my dog? She does this no matter if i walk/run her for hours or if she doesnt go out at all!

RD

Are you dead yet?
Hmm.. Our Lab likes socks in the same way.
Have you supplied her with other toys that she can carry into the backyard, in place of your shoes?

bogolove

Brady always steal our flip flops. If we accidentally leave a closet door open he steals it. He mostly just wants you to chase him and try to get it back. I guess it is just a game to him, because he loves to do it so much. if you start chasing him his tail goes crazy. He gets so excited. Maybe it is just a game to her. She may just think it is funny to see you have to go out and get the shoe. I often think Brady does things to me like that because he thinks it is amusing or a game.

V

Van_canucks

shoe freak

:D Naslund (my dog) when takes the shoes doesnt wag her tail or anything like it is a game, I thought since she is such a lap dog that likes to cuddle might miss my scent when i go to work or even downstairs watching tv.She has loads of toys she can play with in and outside the house but instead she chooses shoes, mostly mine but on the rar occasion she has taken one of my wifes slippers? Maybe she is just a shoe fetish freak....

RD

Are you dead yet?
Sounds like she does have a shoe fetish. My friends have a 5 pound mini dachshund who drags her owner's size 12 boots all over the house, and hoards them all in a corner. If he should reach for his boots, she jumps on him to distract him and then throws her body back over the boots and growls. :p

I think it's just something that some dogs like to do.. Naslund sure does sound like a character, though!! :D

Kharma carries my shoes off and hides them in her nests. Once in awhile she'll carry one of Charley's off, but most of the time it's mine. She doesn't chew them, either - as long as I keep the ones with the leather wrapped heels away from her, she can't resist pulling the leather off. When I go get my shoe, Kharma gives me the long, sad puppy face. She's sooooo good at it! Shiva did it once in awhile, but Kharma's aunt/half sister Buffy did the same thing, and also stole Charley's socks.

Occasionally Bimmer will catch her at it and make her drop the shoe. They're much easier to find that way. :p

bogolove

Renee750il said:
Kharma carries my shoes off and hides them in her nests. Once in awhile she'll carry one of Charley's off, but most of the time it's mine. She doesn't chew them, either - as long as I keep the ones with the leather wrapped heels away from her, she can't resist pulling the leather off. When I go get my shoe, Kharma gives me the long, sad puppy face. She's sooooo good at it! Shiva did it once in awhile, but Kharma's aunt/half sister Buffy did the same thing, and also stole Charley's socks.

Occasionally Bimmer will catch her at it and make her drop the shoe. They're much easier to find that way. :p

It sounds like Bimmer really tries to keep everyone in line. He sounds so great! Maybe he can come teach Brady not to steal shoes too! LOL. :D

Members online