Might be getting a Weim!

Tinaweena

So here's the story...
Tilly needs an operation because a new pup the family got hit next to her eye. So Tilly has to stay at my aunts because she's so bitten up.
My mom has told my aunt NOT to send her back to her owners because the wife owner wants to put tilly down because they just got cocoa (the new pup) or something.
So I've put the offer out there that we will take Tilly (after she recovers from her op, beacause I hate to say it we just can't afford that right now and the other owners are willing to pay for it anyways) we are gonna go meet her at my aunts tonight, and then bring Boone over there tomorrow to have an initial meeting on neutral ground. If all goes well and the owners really will agree to it we will have ourselves a 2 or 3 year old weim in a few days/weeks.

B

brock23

2 or 3 is a good age to get one, they just start to settle down at that age. They are extremely loyal dogs and I am sure that the Weim will repay you saving her with a bunch of love.

Tinaweena

Ok so....went and met Tilly last night. The usual sleek look of a Weim was disrupted. The one side (left) of her face looks like a pitbull and the eye is swollen shut. The eye is still ok, and clear, just the skin around it is all swollen. She has three stiches in two puncture wounds by her left eye. She has another 7 stiches on her back right leg. Multiple puncture wounds all over her body. And another site where the pup bit her on the neck with a few more stiches, I just held her and cried. She is the most loving and unbelievably trusting dog considering what she was put through. She fell asleep on my leg, and while sleeping she was snuggling as close as she could to me.
She is having her surgery today and we will hear back tomorrow or monday about what the owners have decided. They are now talking about getting rid of the new pup. I dont know why it's even a decision they are making. If you bring a new dog in, and it is as dog aggresive as this new pup is, it should be easy to take it to the rescue. It would be like having a child, then a new baby, and the baby tormenting, and beating up your older child. You wouldn't just get rid of the other kid cuz its now old, and not a novelty item.
I don't get it, I hope they decide to keep the new pup that way we will get the lovely Tilly.
I'll keep you guys updated.

Members online

No members online now.