I'm releasing this puppy into the wild.

elegy

overdogged
I'm sorry you got the difficult puppy. Out of all the new puppies welcome in Chaz you got the short end of the stick. He is cute though!
The whole litter is bad! LOL Compared to some of them, he's an angel. And they're all with experienced owners. He's actually a pretty awesome puppy other than the crate barking and the pottying in the house :p

He's coming up on 13 weeks. And yes, he's sleeping in my bedroom. Although he came awful close to being put in the crate in my car in my attached garage last night.

SaraB

Ugh I totally feel you. Zinga is awesome in her crate at home FINALLY, but put her anywhere else and she about has a panic attack and tries to climb out of the crate. We do crate games everywhere and she rocks at that but if she thinks she is going to spend any time in the crate she flips a lid. I had a student ask me the other day about that dog that sounds like a monkey that is hidden away in the other room. I had to admit that she was my puppy. Yup, everyone flock to my training classes, I have the best behaved puppy ever!!

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I was so glad we had Aeri as a pup when it was early spring - she did some similar crate screaming crap for the first couple of months (would be ok until she needed to potty and then all hell would break loose when I went to put her back in) so she got relegated to a crate in my car in our attached garage if she started to carry on...

I feel your pain!

Doberluv

Wow...he's cute looking! But your story is one I'd like to see stickied the next time I get puppyitis. That way I can read it again and remind myself why I should not get another dog at all, much less a puppy.:D

I hope he settles down soon. I guess ear plugs and keeping your resolve to ignore is the only cure.:p

elegy

overdogged
Aaaaaand last night he went to bed with minimal whining, and slept the whole night without making a peep or needing a potty break. Just like he had been doing.

I have no idea.

He's sporting a big ugly wound on his face from a run-in with an eeevil red dog yesterday. I don't think that she bit him on purpose- they were running together in the yard. It's shallow but it looks AWFUL. I'm going to have to change his name to Scarface.

RD

Are you dead yet?
Fingers crossed that you continue to get some relief. My dog hasn't been screaming but she's been BAD BAD BAD lately too. =| Must be the full moon.

Shut up, Bean. Nobody likes a screamy puppy. Even if it's as cute as you.

OwnedByBCs

Will Creep For Sheep
Awwww, typical BC pup. Your relationship with him will start getting better once you break down crying and threaten to return him to his breeder :)

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Oh, I really do feel for you. You're stronger than I am, I gave up after 3 weeks of no improvement. I should have been warned when Mia screamed the entire 6 hour ride to my house from her breeder's. she would scream ALL NIGHT LONG. I put her upstairs and as far away as possible and she'd still scream the entire time.

My solution was that she got to sleep on the bed. I am so weak willed... I was terrified the neighbors would complain once I moved to my apartment.

elegy

overdogged
Oh he had been quiet for weeks. I think it took about a week until he started sleeping through the night or waking me up once for a pee break and then going back to sleep. I don't know why he had those couple days of being A COMPLETE ANARCHIST.

JacksonsMom

I feel for you!

I gave up with Jackson.

I remember the first time I put him in the car (not including the way home from the 'breeders'), he was in a crate and screamed the WHOLE time. I had a brief moment of "WTF did I doooo?!?!" and it never got better, so he ended up not riding in the crate.

He did the same thing in the house. So yeah. We don't do the crate thing anymore. But I really did not put any effort into either, which I definitely should have.

Bailey08

I know you have a very specific way to train, so don't hate me for this, but have you heard of the so-called earthquake method? Basically you shake the crate when they act up and it's "scary" enough that it makes them stop. It's supposed to be pretty successful.

I didn't have to make that decision -- that was one issue we didn't have -- so I don't know what I'd do. I can say that Grace's "I'm done being in my crate now" screaming can make me feel like my ears are bleeding, and it's not even when I'm trying to sleep (which would make me even more irrationally angry at the world).

Puppies are tough! At least mine have been... At least you have adorable pictures to look back on and you'll magically forget how hard it was. :)

Members online

No members online now.