Should I keep my puppy?

Fran27

IMO, a good puppy class will require you to have all shots done... so not before 12 weeks.

That being said, I think you should worry more about finding a good home than getting your money back.

Well, I took him to the Vet yesterday.

The vet gave him Paro, Influenza, Hep and Distemper. He said he didn't want to give him Corona yet because they believed that it was better to gradually build up the immune system so they gave them the basic ones first.

Anyways, he was a really good puppy and didn't even notice the shot since the vet distracted him with a treat. The only time he squirmed was when the doc had to cut his nails. The vet also said that I need to surgically remove his dewclaws.

I got some good news too, Two of my roomates. "the cat person" and his wife, warmed up to the puppy. I guess they could only resist his puppy powers for so long before they gave in...so now they play with him everytime he's inside and sometimes when I'm at work. They're actually really nice to him unlike my Korean roommate who insists everyday that I need to beat him
or spank him when he's bad to instill fear into him. He also tends to chase it around with a belt which he whips at it or nearby it on the ground. I don't think he has hurt my puppy yet but he's always scaring it so now it hides when he comes around. I swear it's like I'm raising a puppy and a kid at the same time, I'm going to start whipping him soon if he doesn't stop, since he just ignores it when I ask him nicely to leave my dog alone!

Anyways, even though my 2 of my roommates are playing with him now, I'm still working on finding a new home for him!

Thanks again everyone for all the advice and support. I was almost afraid I would get flamed really bad for making such a bad descision

Amstaffer

Zephyrpower said:
unlike my Korean roommate who insists everyday that I need to beat him
or spank him when he's bad to instill fear into him. He also tends to chase it around with a belt which he whips at it or nearby it on the ground.
If someone did that to my dog I would INSTILL FEAR in them. Can't you stop this idiot?

It sounds like your roommate needs an old fashion asswhooping!

L

LabBreeder

I'd be kicking that guys a$$ for even THINKING about hitting my dog! :mad: You either need a new roommate or find that pup a home REALLY quick. Your roommate is ruining that puppy. He's making him scared of people and that's not good. That pup is going to think that anyone with something that looks like a belt in his hand is going to beat him. He'll end up biting somebody one day and it will be YOUR fault for not stopping that DUMB A$$ roommate of yours.

Jynx

Ask the people at your vet's office, alot of times, clients have lost a dog (old age whatever) and are looking to adopt a dog, so tell your vet's office you are looking for a good home for him.

I would kick the roomate's butt as well, how do you know what he's doing to the dog when your not around? You do realize what HE is doing could imprint on this puppy for LIFE? I'd find him a home ASAP, for the puppies well being, you got his first set of shots, let a new owner continue with that. He needs to be in a home NOW that will continue with his socialization, puppy skills AND be given POSITIVE direction vs having unpleasant things possibly happen to him by your idiot roomate.
Diane

Amstaffer

I can't stress this enough....even if you find another home for the puppy make sure you kick the butt of the sadistic roommate!:mad: If you kick his butt make sure to take pictures and post them :D :p

Members online

No members online now.