Clipping Nails- Snarling Dog (Doberluv please read)

Watching Kharma, I've learned, too, not to try to keep her nails as short as most breeds. She has that extra knuckle that makes her paws work more like a cross between hands and cat's paws and she uses those nails! She pries things apart with them, hangs onto things and even grips with them . . . really neat to watch, so I quit feeling badly about not getting them to a more traditional length. I guess there's a reason they're so freaking tough :doh:

corgipower

Tweleve Enthusiest
Well, that's a good idea to break things up a bit. I only do that occassionally but I think I'll work on doing that more.
I'd say it really depends on the dog. It works for me and the corgis, it doesn't work for me and the mals.

I will have a plate with diced up cheese, steak or chicken on the counter and every few nails, they get a tid bit.
Ha!! I wish I could have a plate of cheese, steak or chicken on the counter while I clipped nails. :rofl1: My grubs would hobble their way to the counter while I was still holding a foot.

But...I will have cheese or chicken in the fridge and can get a piece or two as needed. :p

Members online

No members online now.