Canadian, Eh?

It goes from -10 to +13 here lately. Fantastic maple syrup making weather if we weren't in the wrong season...

My dogs don't know whether to grow a coat or blow it.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Oh, talk to me about cold tomorrow... :rofl1: its predicted to hit -18C here in Edmonton...
Yick. I'm a supervisor at a ski hill. I live outside all winter.. with my igloo, obviously. But it's been so freaking warm I'm not acclimatizing and I'm just so cold.. Weird weather likely has screwed up our resort's opening date. Still trending into plus temps every few days..

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
When we went up north we were pretty shocked by the -26 temps. Not fun.

The hill near here is apparently opening this weekend but I'm wondering how much snow they've even got. Sunshine is already open though...

~Jessie~

Chihuahua Power!
It was about 80 here today and I wore a sleeveless dress :p

Ooops, wrong thread, eh?

I've been to Canada a few times, and lived about an hour from the border at one point. Does that count?

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
Least 4 more northward resorts opened last weekend, with others talking this week..

But with the temps up and down, the cost to make snow vs what will melt isn't cost effective here yet. Unless the temp and dew point drop and stay lower, we won't open till January.. which sucks as that's a lot of work I'm missing out on..

Fran hope that's a dress with leggings and boots. I love dresses.. but I'm way too cold for that.

Twin_Dogs

I think in 2009 we hit -46C and with the windchill it was recorded around -58C which made Edmonton the second coldest place, Siberia was number one :rofl1: I dont want any of that this year... OR NEXT YEAR... :yikes:

FRAN you can wear a dress... sure you can... BUT under a thick parka, and make sure you bring some leggings and nice warm boots.. :D

Oh, and dont forget some fuzzy gloves and trendy toque :D

Dekka

Just try me..
Another canuck.. more east the Maf, but not as far as Jess ;)

Almost half way between Toronto (which I love.. no dissing TO) and Ottawa (which is also awesome but I almost never go there)

Twin_Dogs

Hi Dekka! Love your siggy pics! I wish I can have that many dogs :) But Edmonton's only allowing a limit of 3 per household, I could've more cats.... but I LIMIT MYSELF TO ONE... LOL and this one cat is wayyyyy more than what I can handle :)

I'm in Sudbury, about 4 hours north of Toronto. It's snowy and cold here right now, -19C.

The dogs don't mind though, they love the snow.....and they keep me warm in the igloo. :)

Locke

I'm in Toronto...if I had the option, I'd live in Alberta, close to Banff.

Dekka

Just try me..
Hi Dekka! Love your siggy pics! I wish I can have that many dogs :) But Edmonton's only allowing a limit of 3 per household, I could've more cats.... but I LIMIT MYSELF TO ONE... LOL and this one cat is wayyyyy more than what I can handle :)
Thanks. I need to change my siggy though. Bounce passed away not that long ago. And it looks like with a major change in my life I will be down to two.

But even before that siggy wasn't totally accurate, as we had another dog in the house, Sport, my son's BC ;)

Xandra

Vancouver more or less, it's 5 C here (41 F). Yesterday morning I was out in shorts. It's strange, I always think of December as a winter month but it is still only autumn until the 21st.

Members online

No members online now.