I have to let her go :(

Thank you guys or guls who gave me lotsa of good advice to help me get through alot of problems I have with Mango. But I came to a decision today that I have to let her get adopted by a reputable white shepherd breeder whom I know will take very good care of her.
The crate didn't work out as I want, she screamed and howled like mad today and got my neighbours really pissed. I go to work at 7am so she was woken by her howling at 7 and it went on the whole day except when she was on her daily walking service. I know I have to give her time to get used to the crate but neighbours is calling me every hour to check when I'm home so she will quieten down. And I have no where to place her and my bfs parents house is out of the question since they already have a dog and a cat.
And I can't bear to imagine her crying the whole day and now she is lying on my couch sleeping since i'm home. She must be so tired from her frightening experience today. I dun wanna leave her alone for
As i'm typing this message my tears are dropping. I dun know what I can do anymore, she dun even want to touch her kong with her favourite yoghurt when i'm gone. I'm so sad :(
I just wanna her to be happy not crying the whole day. I dun wanna torture her and the best i can think of is to get her to a happier place where she roams free with other white shepherds to play with - cry-

Ash47

Taco Dog
Wings,
I'm so sorry you have to do this. Sounds like she has seperation anxiety. If it were a perfect world, you wouldn't have to work and you could live in a big house on a big field for Mango to run and play. But it's not a perfect world, sadly. Is the breeder going to breed Mango?

I told her not to do so, she has good judgement. I trust she knows what she is doing and i know all her puppies are of very good nature and she does selective breeding only. Her own dogs are bred 1x a year and she is a responsible breeder. Mango is too shy to be bred and that she knows.

Yea I can see her anytime I want, just need to take a 1.5 hrs train to her. She did offer if anytime I wanna take her back I can but I dun think its fair to her as well since she put time and effort to crate train her and I just take her back when she is done. She also warned that she might be doing ok at her place cos she have 5 other white shepherds so she has company, she might just howl again when she is back here. :(
And I dun want that, I dun wanna see her cry the whole day.

Ash47

Taco Dog
That's great that you can see her whenever! I'm sure she will be very happy where she is going. She won't forget you, and I know you won't her. :)

bubbatd

You did the right thing for her , but I'm so sorry for your heavy heart...a big Hug from Grammy !

Barb04

Super Moderator
I know it must be so hard on you having to give Mango away. I'm glad you were able to find her a good home.

DanL

Sorry things didn't work out for you Wings, I know you were really trying hard. I'm glad to see you made an intelligent choice and are doing what is best for the pup.

MyDogsLoveMe

My pets love me they do
Wings I am truly sorry to hear about Mango. I can see that it was indeed a very tough decision for you to make, but you chose what was best for mango and I commend you for that. Spend time with Mango, maybe you can make a day of it each weekend or every other weekend and go spend the day with Mango. Hugs and loves.

juliefurry

Rusty but Trusty
I'm so sorry. I know it's hard to give up a dog but you have to know you are doing what is best for her. She'll be in good hands and atleast you can visit her whenever you want.

Doberluv

Sorry Wings. That's a shame. You really did do an unselfish thing....thinking of what was best for Mango. It sounds like she'll have a good place and be happy. You did the right and brave thing. I'm so sorry though for your saddness. You'll feel better about it in time. Best wishes.

Members online