Shampoo

Stormy

Hello. I am looking for an economical basic shampoo for my two dogs. They are a Boxer and a Lab with short hair and no health/skin/coat problems and no need for anything fancy. They are very active, play in water and mud daily and get a bath about every 3-4 weeks, so the shampoo needs to clean thoroughly, and I would like it to lather well and leave their fur soft, shiny and smelling nice, but not heavily scented. In the past I have used whatever brand was cheapest of the regular yellow dog shampoos in the grocery store and been satisfied with the results. Being a thrifty person, I am looking for the cheapest possible shampoo that will do the job. I looked into making it myself and found this recipe:

http://www.abigslice.com/shampup.html

I do not recommend this to anyone else. The soap/glycerine separates from the vinegar/water so it has to be shaken up before each use and it is way too runny so you have to use a lot and it is more expensive to use than commercial shampoos.

I am going to use up the rest of the homemade shampoo and then am thinking that buying a gallon of concentrate would be the way to go. But I hesitate to buy such a large amount of shampoo without knowing whether it will work well. I found this:

http://www.dogsoutfitter.com/prodetail.asp?T1=191033&ctg=&tid=150

It says it dilutes to make 35 gallons. Has anyone used this? Does it, or other concentrates in general, really mix with that much water and still be thick enough for good shampoo consistency? I am concerned because it says tearless. I tried using tearless baby shampoo but it did not get them clean enough, so this shampoo may be too gentle.

Recommendations?

I can't believe I'm going to do what I'm about to do . . .

Remember AmWay - and all those successful, hyper-pushy AmWay dealers? (The 'normal' people never seemed to last)? They had a product, LOC, that was all organic, extremely mild but incredibly effective and highly concentrated. It worked safely on just about anything; dishes, clothes, floors - and very dirty dogs!

A gallon lasts just about forever.

Shoot; now I'm going to have to look up someone with AmWay and get another jug of the stuff. I'd forgotten how good it was until I got started on this post. I'm going to give the dealer a fake name and address, though! I just cringe it when they bug you every week before order day . . .

candy722

I think Amway has changed to Quickstar. I bought some dish drop from someone and it works great and lasting me a long time.

Members online

No members online now.