Tail curl question

ChrissyR

Ya'll are gonna get so tired of me. LOL This question is about the tail curl. If the tail is going to curl like a Husky, what age would that be?

Thanks.

Edit to add: What age does the eye color change? Jewel and Willy both have bright blue eyes but PC has one bright blue and one really dark blue. (As a reminder, they'll be 4 weeks old on Saturday March 31st)

ChrissyR

bubbatd
Could help you if they were Goldens !! Sorry !
That's alright! By the way, you have beautiful dogs!

dogstarsleddogs
My pups had quite curly tails by 4 weeks. Their eyes didnt fully change until about 8-10 weeks.
Thank you! At least I know to stop looking for a curl. Just the tip of PCs tail has a small curl to it. As for the eyes, will PC have 2 different colored eyes when they change? Sine she has the odd eye out, I'm just wondering.

we had a litter at work whose eyes didn't change until almost 11 weeks. Then they just changed overnight. Freaked me out in the morning, they all had brown eyes the night before, and suddenly there were all these blue eyes peering at me!

Saintgirl

Tail
The well furred tail of fox-brush shape is set on just below the level of the topline, and is usually carried over the back in a graceful sickle curve when the dog is at attention. When carried up, the tail does not curl to either side of the body, nor does it snap flat against the back. A trailing tail is normal for the dog when in repose. Hair on the tail is of medium length and approximately the same length on top, sides and bottom, giving the appearance of a round brush. Faults--A snapped or tightly curled tail; highly plumed tail; tail set too low or too high.
This quote is taken directly from the AKC breed standard. Alot of people think that a husky has a super curly tail, but it shouldn't!

Members online

No members online now.