The Venting Thread

MandyPug

Sport Model Pug
When people don't listen to my advice against an outdated tool that should be banned. Now all I can do is hope the kid doesn't suffer for it.

skittledoo

Crazy naked dog lady
Really frustrated. I was filming Cricket's next session working on the trick of the week frog trick and Josh freaking ruined it by distracting her. Then after that she wouldn't really focus much and Joey would NOT stop whining the entire time I was filming and trying to work with her so I threw in the towel for the night. Now I'm just mad and I'm ready to freaking strangle Joey if he does NOT stop whining in his **** crate. I'm so over it with him. Can't sleep either when he decides to do it forever into the night.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Really bad freaking headache. Part of my bad day. I had a large heavy duty plastic bucket come crashing down on my face this morning. The bridge of my nose got the brunt of it. And it's swollen and my nose hurts and it's causing a splitting headache. :( I just want to curl up and sleep but... it's only 10pm on a Friday night so I don't want to sleep yet!!!

Egads. Thank God it's Friday.

Lyzelle

Ordered chinese at around 8:20. Took forever. Guy finally calls, says he can't find our house and how to get to it. I give him directions, he says he can get to it now, so I say alrighty, cool.

10 minutes later, he calls again to say he can't get on base because his letter is expired and can I just meet him at the visitors center. (So let me get this straight, you were ON base and somehow teleported OFF base and in the meantime, letter of clearance expired? Right.)

Finally get our food, and most of it is either cold, dry, or stale. $36, by the way. Oh, and it's now TEN.

I can't wait to go south. Just so I can have good chinese food. And pancakes. Because I'd really like pancakes now.

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Pretty surehannah is allergic to squash :(

Been up with her vomitting all night. No other symptoms like fever, cough, etc. she is fine between boughts of throwing up. She had butternut squash soup one other time and threw it up. Poor kid

SaraB

Just found out that one of my student's dogs mauled another trainer and was pts.

This dog was kicked out of one of my obedience classes after attacking another dog almost 10 months ago now. The handler and I agreed that private sessions would be best until the handler had better control and understanding of her dog and the dog's threshold had increased. She attending one private session where I explained in depth the idea of thresholds, why alpha rolling her large dog was not the best idea, and we worked on LAT. The dog was brilliant. He caught onto everything very quickly, had obvious triggers/tells and I had high hopes that he would respond well. Obviously the handler was not on the same page as my solution to her aggressive dog as she made excuse after excuse on why she couldn't attend future private sessions. All updates and feedback I got from her were positive and she felt like she was making great progress through the homework I gave her.

Fast forward to a couple days ago. My boss tells me that this same dog had gone elsewhere for training. At some point (the details are fuzzy), either the handler or the trainer reached to grab the dog by the collar and the dog lunged at the trainer. Luckily, she managed to hold the dog back and was wearing protective hidden sleeves, but the damage to her forearms was still intense. She told the owner to euth.

Part of me is frustrated that this handler didn't stick with what was working. The other part of me is grateful it wasn't me, but I have to wonder what provoked the dog to react that way? All of my interactions were careful and under threshold with great observance of the dog's body language. This dog was an open book, very predictable in my eyes. This other trainer has been training for over 20 years and is respected, how did she miss this? Did the dog really change THAT much in 10 months? Did he really go that far downhill? What was the handler doing in the mean time to make him not so predictable, was she continuing to alpha roll him over everything?

I'll never know the answers to these questions, but it's really bothering me. I agree that this dog was not the best fit for this home, the owner was hyper sensitive and was not great about concealing her nervousness and stress. She also had planned on having her daughter handle the dog in 4H, which I squashed hopes of during our first meeting. All I can hope is that the owner learned some valuable lessons from this experience about how to handle dogs in the future. Maybe one day I'll get to talk to her.

Dizzy

Sit! Good dog.
It's not really a rant, but I'm having major cravings for super unhealthy food!! Junk, bring it to me!

But please bring my motivation to eat healthy back at the same time, I'm getting to beaches whale proportions :D

Jules

Magic, motherf@%$*#!
T-bone's leg is not doing all that great. She puts a lot of weight on her other leg at times and I am afraid to stress it too much. We do shorter walks, mental stimulation at home and cuddle time and she seems happy. I just feel bad. There's so much I wanted to do with her and she is just now up for it anymore. Stupid leg.

Her supplements used to do just enough for her.. I'll take her to the vet next week to have him check her out again.

Dogdragoness

Happy Halloween!!
Pants feel weird when you've just shaved your legs...
See I am the opposite , I HATE the feeling of jeans rubbing against hairy legs ... Blech! ESP since I rise & have to wear half chaps , which press my jeans against my jeans against my legs even more & if I haven't shaved in a week (since I can't shave everybdaybdue to sensitive skin so I shave once/twice a week.)

Ugh ... Hate it, *shutters*

sparks19

I'd rather be at Disney
Poor Hannah is still not feeling well. No more vomitting but she still has an upset tummy plus she's so tired from being up all night getting sick.

Even still, she's so funny. I put her sheets back on the bed and changed her into jammies so she could just lay in bed and watch a movie (or sleep if she needs to) and I asked her what on her body felt bad and she says"It's just my stomach acid that's the problem" LOL where does she come up with this stuff :rofl1:

Red.Apricot

Someone in this house turned the heat up to 80.

WHY. WE ALL OWN SWEATERS. It's only 50 out. What's wrong with 68/70?

(And someone wanted to cool the house to 70 when it was 110 out asdfghjkl;' I cannot afford this jeeze).

COME ON PEOPLE BE REASONABLE.

ooh my bad, it's 46 out right now.

tzigane

Someone in this house turned the heat up to 80.

WHY. WE ALL OWN SWEATERS. It's only 50 out. What's wrong with 68/70?

(And someone wanted to cool the house to 70 when it was 110 out asdfghjkl;' I cannot afford this jeeze).

COME ON PEOPLE BE REASONABLE.

ooh my bad, it's 46 out right now.
I'd be throwing a fit, both for comfort and financial reasons. 80* in the summer, I'm comfortably warm. 80* in the winter and I'm walking around complete naked spritzing myself with water and holding a person fan to my face. That's ridiculous.

Members online

No members online now.